Sectional b ashwaubenon

Started by statman, January 20, 2020, 06:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossface21

Quote from: shakerag on February 12, 2020, 07:17:13 AM
Quote from: Luke Louison on January 31, 2020, 01:14:38 PM
Quote from: Luke Louison on January 22, 2020, 01:43:21 PM
The Racine St. Catherine's Sectional has potentially 32 former state qualifiers for 28 spots. If I'm not mistaken, the number of potential returning state qualifiers in Ashwaubenon is 16. That Burlington and Mukwonago are now in the same sectional is the most noteworthy sectional realignment in Division 1, I think.

I put in some weights here, and continue to marvel at this sectional.

great work but can this be expanded to take into account transfers from other schools?

Who are you referring to?

asdfg

Quote from: Luke Louison on February 11, 2020, 02:30:42 PM
Yes, they did.

The 2 things that stick out the most to me:

1-The LOW #'s of SQ's, ranked kids, etc. at New Berlin and Whitefish Bay compared to the other sectionals.

2-Prior posts state distance/driving as primary decision-maker in past.  If so, Wade L. can spend 3 minutes on Google Maps to find distances of Mukwonago to:  Prairie High School (where sectional at I think): 36.2 miles.  To alternate sectionals of--New Berlin West 17.5m, Whitefish Bay 35.2m,.  Waterford to: Prairie HS 26.8 miles.  To New Berlin West 19.2 m, Whitefish Bay 33.3m.  I am sure most coaches would jump at chance to drive up to 6 more whole miles for parity and placing the best product at State.

Just pulled Waterford/Mukw out as that is who was moved and who most are talking about.  Same distances would be true for Burlington, UG, etc.

This disparity was seen by everyone the minute the assignments came out.  Someone stated in their part of the state assignments rarely change yet they do here often.  It literally would have taken the WIAA 10 minutes of work to review and re-do the Sectionals for more parity.

statman

106 clark kk Corrigan dp
113 verhagen kk smith an
120 campsure kk francios wdp
126 eisch kk craft ml
132 minor ash stumpf kk
138 sanderfoot kim lopez dp
145 liesgang ash bruss dp
152 hammen kk stourdear bp
160 alexander dp king kim
170 ramage ash huza hor
182 vandehei ash Williams kim