Cheesehead Week

Started by kluevercoach, January 03, 2016, 08:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammen

Atta boy Jackson Hemauer!

DarkKnight

Stoughton's Louis over Ty Lee at 120 lbs....does anyone think Stoughton deserves to be #1 now??  I'm not sure if Kaukauna is/was missing anyone in the lineup.

imnofish

I see Louis ended up 2nd.  Great tournament performance!  Papa's gotta' be proud!   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

maggie

WOW, what a great tournament...Stacked!.... :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ElectricGuy

Thanks coach!  Yes, very happy and proud.

But success is fleeting, and needs to be continued to be earned.

Bigger shout out to the Stoughton team -  very impressive run.   I know my friends in Hudson had a nice weekend run and Hortonville also had a nice weekend,  but this run by Stoughton was pretty impressive also.

1   Mt Carmel    582   -   #26 Nationally
2   Carl Sandburg    557   -   #9 Nationally
3   Kasson-Mantorville    465   -   #45 Nationally
4   St. Michael`s Albertville    459   -   #13 Nationally
5   Apple Valley    445.5   -   #25 Nationally
6   Platte County    438.5   -   #41 Nationally
7   Stoughton    400.5   -   #4 - in WI D1
8   Southeast Polk    354.5   -   #16 Nationally
9   Montini Catholic    313   -   #27 Nationally
10   Waverly-Shellrock    304   -   
11   Lockport    287.5   -   
12   Two Rivers    286   -   #4 - in WI D2
13   Kaukauna    284.5   -   #1 - in WI D1
14   Edwardsville    264   -   
15   Thompson High School    257   -   
16   Pewaukee    247   -   
17   Wisconsin Rapids    226   -   
18   Marist High School    224   -   
19   St. Ritas of Cascia    218   -   
20   New Prague    215   -   
21   DeForest    172   -   
22   Hartford    163   -   
23   Wrightstown    158   -   
24   Hartland Arrowhead    148   -   
24   Sheboygan Falls    148   -   
26   Freedom    143   -   
27   Port Washington    96   -   
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

DarkKnight

Nice Breakdown!

Postseason is when it will count. Keep On.

bud

Can anyone tell me the name of the pinning combo Mark Hall used in the finals at Cheesehead. That was impressive.
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie!

wrestlinglife1

Fish Hole, but used his knee to block the head and pull out the arm.

Firstinline

Stoughton's Louis over Ty Lee at 120 lbs....does anyone think Stoughton deserves to be #1 now??  I'm not sure if Kaukauna is/was missing anyone in the lineup. Stoughton may deserve the # 2 spot,  pretty sure I read on the Hudson Dual thread that Hudson beat up on D2, number 1 Ellsworth pretty good. I think Hudson definately deserves the number 1 spot!!!

DocWrestling

Didn't Kaukauna beat Stoughton at the Dells?
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

imnofish

Stoughton, Hudson, and Kaukauna are all tremendous teams this year.  Whomever is #1 will probably not be revealed any time soon, but Stoughton certainly made their case at the Cheesehead.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

boowrestle

I saw Hudson at Bi state and they are tough all the way thru their lineup,jmo,in order to beat them it will take a lineup with a lot of depth,they are my Div1 pick come team state.
you can run but you cannot hide.

wrestlinglife1

That can be said a few ways, Kaukauna crushed D3 State Champ Spring Valley Elmwood a couple weeks back. Means nothing come Team State, since they different divisions. Kaukauna also beat Stoughton handily a few weeks back in a duel. Last time I checked, Team State is a Duel, not an individual Tournament. I think a great question is, how would Stoughton do against Hudson and/or Hortonville in a duel? One of those I'm sure we will see in Madison.

ElectricGuy

Without getting to deep into Stoughton vs Kaukauna or either vs Hudson / Hortonville at this time.   I will say for both Stoughton / Kaukana their lineup options will be quite different come March vs Dec,  I think both teams had 6/7 kids drop weight classes since that meeting and that adds a lot of different match-up options for both teams and really can change a dual. One weight alone "could be" a 11 point swing now vs then.  There is no guarantee that it will be Stoughton vs Kaukauna again --  Sauk, Hortonville, Hudson will have plenty to say about who is in the finals.

The more exciting part is the state of WI wrestling -  You have teams like Hudson, Stratford, Kaukauna, Hortonville, Sauk, and Stoughton that all IMO can hang with that second tier of nationally ranked teams - IMO Which is pretty cool..  It would be nice if WI got a little more recognition that way now...

We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

imnofish

Quote from: futurerichguy on January 11, 2016, 01:53:43 PM
Quote from: ElectricGuy on January 10, 2016, 08:21:00 AM

Bigger shout out to the Stoughton team -  very impressive run.   I know my friends in Hudson had a nice weekend run and Hortonville also had a nice weekend,  but this run by Stoughton was pretty impressive also.

1   Mt Carmel    582   -   #26 Nationally
2   Carl Sandburg    557   -   #9 Nationally
3   Kasson-Mantorville    465   -   #45 Nationally
4   St. Michael`s Albertville    459   -   #13 Nationally
5   Apple Valley    445.5   -   #25 Nationally
6   Platte County    438.5   -   #41 Nationally
7   Stoughton    400.5   -   #4 - in WI D1
8   Southeast Polk    354.5   -   #16 Nationally
9   Montini Catholic    313   -   #27 Nationally

Since the 4th ranked D1 team in WI is better than the #16 and #27 ranked national teams, I'm expecting 4 WI teams to be on the next national rankings list!

+1  Sounds right to me!