Started by TomM, February 02, 2018, 11:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

Tough dude. Nice addition. He was sort of the part of the class that started this evolation you see from NC. Be nice if one of our own Wisconsinites (Kluever) could kick butt with that team.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

wrastle63

Quote from: Japanese Whizzer on February 02, 2018, 02:26:54 PM
Maybe Kluever will have success at the next level.

I'd be surprised if Barnett didn't have success at Chapel Hill. He's now actively hunting state champs. He stayed up at 120 long enough to get Gross at On The Water, after Gross ducked him in a dual. Then, he went down to 113 and got Gryzbowski at Pulaski. I could easily imagine him back up to 120 to get Holmes or even 126 to get Bosman, if the situation presented itself. He's a monster.
He is going to have to put some serious weight on though. It could be his redshirt season and one more before he is a contributor.

fightfightfight

Why is there not more talk on this thread about this? This is huge for the BRTC and the program to get another high quality athlete. Great addition!  Will help out those Wicks, Nazar, and all of the middle weights a ton!  Way to continue to build!

TylerBRTC

Quote from: fightfightfight on February 03, 2018, 09:45:27 AM
Why is there not more talk on this thread about this? This is huge for the BRTC and the program to get another high quality athlete. Great addition!  Will help out those Wicks, Nazar, and all of the middle weights a ton!  Way to continue to build!

I was wondering this too. With all the other threads going on about what "should" change, BIG things are happening and things are changing! This is what our D1 team needs to make it to the next level... no matter who is the coach. If we want to catch the top tier teams, we need more guys like Evan & Nazar training.

Serious question, why isn't this being talked about on here? This should jack you up if you are interested in improving wrestling in WI!!! (I know some of you don't post and are jacked about Evan joining us!)

Here is a fun thing for you to think about, when was the last time someone came from another good school (ok, just another school, outside of Nazar) and trained at UW? Why haven't they in the past 20-30 years? Why do you think Evan did? Why do you think others are thinking about training in Madison now? 

It would be fun to hear some of your thoughts.

npope

Quote from: TylerBRTC on February 03, 2018, 05:21:37 PM
I was wondering this too. With all the other threads going on about what "should" change, BIG things are happening and things are changing! This is what our D1 team needs to make it to the next level... no matter who is the coach. If we want to catch the top tier teams, we need more guys like Evan & Nazar training.

Serious question, why isn't this being talked about on here? This should jack you up if you are interested in improving wrestling in WI!!! (I know some of you don't post and are jacked about Evan joining us!)

Here is a fun thing for you to think about, when was the last time someone came from another good school (ok, just another school, outside of Nazar) and trained at UW? Why haven't they in the past 20-30 years? Why do you think Evan did? Why do you think others are thinking about training in Madison now? 

It would be fun to hear some of your thoughts.

Bravo, Tyler and fightfightfight.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Harris

Very cool.  Is he light enough to work with some of the smaller guys as well?

bigoil

Looks like a great add to the room, I wasn't as familiar with him as others and needed to do some research.

Welcome aboard Evan!!!

Ghetto

I don't know why he's coming, and I don't care. Keep them coming.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.