Midlands - Weather Cancellations

Started by wrestlinglife1, December 28, 2015, 01:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestlinglife1

University of Pittsburgh just informed me that they are at the airport ready to fly to Chicago and all flights were cancelled. They will not be attending the Midlands. That being said, how many other teams will cancel due to the Snow Storms pounding the Midwest?

vsmf2010

Well that sucks! I am sure they are not the only ones. I wonder if it would be possible to delay it by a day. I know that would not be good for some of the fans but it will not be the same tournament if several of the teams cannot make it.

littleguy301

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

hammen

It's really brutal in Chicago right now. Snow, then sleet, now pouring rain. The city is too poor to have sufficient snow plows to salt and remove. Anyone who is driving in I suggest reconsidering or exercising extreme caution.

npope

I just landed in Chicago at 1:30 pm today. A little iffy on the landing, but the roads were manageable on the ride out of town. That said, an ugly day.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

stbird

Bummer!  Is it supposed to get really bad there tonight?  I wonder when Maryland was flying out there. 

hammen

Rain is just about done so that should be it. Shouldn't be below freezing until very late tomorrow night, so the roads should be good, just a little sloppy considering Chicago always has flooding problems.

imnofish

My brother lives a couple hours west of Chicago and they lost their power throughout the area, due to ice snapping off utility poles and cables.   :o
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Dale Einerson

Quote from: hammen on December 28, 2015, 03:56:03 PM
It's really brutal in Chicago right now. Snow, then sleet, now pouring rain. The city is too poor to have sufficient snow plows to salt and remove. Anyone who is driving in I suggest reconsidering or exercising extreme caution.

...and then there is that section of road that goes from 7 lanes to 1 for about 3 miles so the 10 guys working on it can work uninterrupted...added 3 hours to my trip last week.  The good news is the guy with the barrel concession is doing great!  And it looks like that guy will have the added income for a long time considering the pace of construction.

imnofish

Quote from: Dale Einerson on December 28, 2015, 11:24:53 PM
Quote from: hammen on December 28, 2015, 03:56:03 PM

...and then there is that section of road that goes from 7 lanes to 1 for about 3 miles so the 10 guys working on it can work uninterrupted...added 3 hours to my trip last week.  The good news is the guy with the barrel concession is doing great!  And it looks like that guy will have the added income for a long time considering the pace of construction.

The sloooowww pace of road construction is a source of pride in Illinois.  No other state can turn a 10 month job into a 10 year marathon, with the same consistency.   :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!