Reader to CMU??

Started by wiscowrestlingfan1, March 08, 2024, 01:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiscowrestlingfan1

Anyone else hearing Reader to CMU??

wrestle03

So let me get this straight - you come on this forum, make a username, and your first post is this?  Come on man.  Do you have any solid information yourself?  On a side note, I wouldnt blame Reader for leaving if he was given a good opportunity to do so.

BadgerOne

Have heard nothing, but CMU's head coach is 67 years old and Reader is from Michigan and seems to be a better candidate to take over than any of CMU's current assistants.   I wouldn't be that surprised if its true.

vsmf2010

I do not see anywhere that Borrelli is retiring. Would be strange for them to be looking for another coach while they still have one.

Ghetto

That's not what I heard.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

factfinder

wrestle03

I do believe Borrelli's contract is up at the end of this year......

No One Cares

Quote from: factfinder on March 08, 2024, 06:11:51 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on March 08, 2024, 05:22:52 PMThat's not what I heard.

NCST??

Leave it to a Minnesota guy to hop on this forum to stir the pot. 

WiscFan

Could not blame Reader for wanting his shot at being the head coach, especially in his home state. Would be a huge blow to the team but stuff happens.

littleguy301

NCST??

Not in the know but I hear Ncst. Not stirring the pot but I understand getting out from Bono and making a name and working under a different head coach.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

SP

Maybe he wants to make sure he has a job next year.
Anti-Inclusion Mafia

wrestle_4ever

Quote from: littleguy301 on March 10, 2024, 03:44:23 AM

NCST??

Not in the know but I hear Ncst. Not stirring the pot but I understand getting out from Bono and making a name and working under a different head coach.

Reader to NCST would certainly be an interesting development.
Likely that Model be promoted to Associate Head coach in his wake.

I wonder how this will affect recruiting and performance going forward? Is this the change all you naysayers have been looking for?
It ain't the six minutes...it's what happens in that six minutes

wiscowrestlingfan1

Quote from: wrestle_4ever on March 10, 2024, 02:12:15 PM

NCST??

I wonder how this will affect recruiting and performance going forward? Is this the change all you naysayers have been looking for?

Reader to NCST would be interesting. CMU makes sense since he is from Michigan and Boreli is in his 60s.

the change all the naysayers want is for the McIntosh to clear house and bring someone in that can develop and get some of these in state guys.

How can anyone feel confident that next year will be any better with Bono and Reader??

Harris

I really hope we don't lose Reader.  He is an awesome coach, recruiter, and person.  Personally, I think he will be an awesome head coach.

wrastle63

Quote from: wrestle_4ever on March 10, 2024, 02:12:15 PM

NCST??

Reader to CMU. Love it for Reader and hate it for the Badger program. Seems like Reader is the one that most people like/respect the most.

Also Model seems like an awesome guy and loved watching him compete, but he doesn't have the qualifications to be associate head coach compared to what a successful Big Ten team should have. Look around at what the Big Ten has for associate head coaches.

My opinion is if Reader goes we need a coaching change.