ICE ICE, BABY!

Started by bigG, December 28, 2016, 11:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

Any ice fishermen out there in the nort country? Not quite safe enough here in most of my haunts.

Can't wait to get out.

Anybody having any luck out there?
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

I havent wondered out there yet. I need at least a solid foot for my big round butt!

I have heard the pans are game in my area. Anywhere from 2-6 inches is what I am told. Up north of me I hear a tad more or at least a tad more consistant ice depth.

I have a weekend planned at the end of January for some serious ice fishing. OK it is our youth clubs annual ice fishing tournament ;D ;D ;D ;D I usually drill 1 hole and set 1 tip up and talk wrestling with who ever shows up ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigG

Houndhead

Been out a couple times with very limited success. 6"-8" here with atv travel starting on most lakes.

bigG

I'm a foot guy. Not in the weird sense; though. Just suffer from "icenoia" ...and a bit of lardash.

maggie

the Northerns are biting like mad on the Big K for you ice fishermen...get there! but watch out for thin ice, 3 cars went in last weekend, they hit 2 inch ice that was right next to 10 inches of ice,  :o  Springs !...careful if ya drive out
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bigG

There's the problem with Miss. and lake Onalaska. You can call it a lake; but it's part of the river, so going near islands can be hazardous.

Whitewater lake has springs, too, and I'd imagine the ice is unpredictable near them.

Houndhead

Still good ice up here, but I expect it to be quite sloppy on top this weekend.

bigG

Just awful, here. Slop and thinning. NO bueno!

Houndhead

Finally hit a couple great days of crappie fishing over the weekend. Caught a limit of 25 saturday morning  between 9-1/2" and 12 ". Kept 17  over 10" sunday afternoon.

Houndhead

Another great weekend on the ice catching crappies. Still 17" of ice here.

bigG

Found some open water on a creek that feeds Petenwell. Good walleye day for the boy and I.

Gettin' a little worried about the ice in the Coulee region. :(

I'll eat winter crappies all day long, though. Always gratifying when you get your limit.

Houndhead

Still plenty of ice in the north country. Measured 14" yesterday. Will still be able to ice fish here for 2-3 more weeks. Headed to Leech Lake perch fishing next weekend.

bigG

The big one in MN? My uncle goes there twice a year.

Ghetto

Is the Big G upstairs playing games with us? There's a lot of Snow, Snow, baby!

60 two weeks ago, 12 inches of snow today. Not cool. Not cool.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove