Questions on B2 sectional

Started by thequad, January 27, 2021, 01:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thequad

1. Will the brackets be run the same way?

2. How exactly are points scored in the consolation bracket?
For example are pin points the same?
Are advancement points the same?
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

MatScoutWillie

From what I gather, you lose your first match at regionals, the best you can do is 5th.  Which is ridiculous.

bigoil

D2 regionals have always been the same, best you can do is place 5th if you lose first round.

DarkKnight

Quote from: thequad on January 27, 2021, 01:01:44 PM
1. Will the brackets be run the same way?

2. How exactly are points scored in the consolation bracket?
For example are pin points the same?
Are advancement points the same?

Quad, look at last years sectional, and figure it out from there. Basically, you and WT are in the same boat, so you just need to win more matches. It'll be close no doubt.

Winneconne will send a bunch of guys which could make it interesting, but ultimately yours and WT's studs should beat them out.

FinalWord

Quote from: MatScoutWillie on January 27, 2021, 01:04:29 PM
From what I gather, you lose your first match at regionals, the best you can do is 5th.  Which is ridiculous.

The best you can do is 2nd.
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

bigoil

Quote from: FinalWord on January 29, 2021, 11:57:27 AM

If you lose first round at regionals, you can only place 5th. Sectionals is different.

FinalWord

Quote from: bigoil on January 29, 2021, 01:50:08 PM

If you lose first round at regionals, you can only place 5th. Sectionals is different.

The topic was B2 Sectional and I assumed incorrectly the responses were on the same theme.
Should have read more closely.
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

thequad

Just found this on the D1 post;
From what I can tell in the tournament procedures it is still referencing regionals and not sectionals. By bracket types for individual sectional they're only placing to 4 (14, 10, 7, 4).
2 pt advancement on Championship side. 1 point advancement on consolation side. 2 point bonus for fall, 1.5 TF, 1 for Major Decision.

I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

bigoil

Quote from: FinalWord on January 29, 2021, 02:06:32 PM
Quote from: bigoil on January 29, 2021, 01:50:08 PM

The topic was B2 Sectional and I assumed incorrectly the responses were on the same theme.
Should have read more closely.

Dang, you made me look up the bracket twice lol

DarkKnight

well there is no B2 sectional. haha.

It's all good. tomorrow will be today soon enough.

npope

I'm going to show my age on this one. When I was competing, if you lost your first match at regionals the best you could do is a bag of popcorn in the mezzanine and a long ride home. Things are so much more gentile these days.  ;)
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

bigoil

Quote from: npope on January 29, 2021, 07:16:35 PM

I'm going to show my age on this one. When I was competing, if you lost your first match at regionals the best you could do is a bag of popcorn in the mezzanine and a long ride home. Things are so much more gentile these days.  ;)
Didn't they have subregionals back then?

TomM

We had subregionals my senior season. Wrestled two matches Thursday night.
Not sure it it was Friday or Saturday when we came back and did finals and wrestlebacks.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imnofish

Quote from: TomM on January 30, 2021, 12:21:24 AM
We had subregionals my senior season. Wrestled two matches Thursday night.
Not sure it it was Friday or Saturday when we came back and did finals and wrestlebacks.

Didn't that all end about 1981?

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!