WIAA Winter Sports Regulation Changes/Updates (Thu 06/21/18)

Started by TomM, June 21, 2018, 04:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

Quote from: MNbadger on June 26, 2018, 07:09:44 AM
It is unlikely that they read this forum, I agree.  On here though it would answer/remedy the questions/complaints about the system in place in Wisconsin.  Additionally, it is similar to what big oil posted and I responded to.  The difference is that he suggested a regional as well which is superfluous.  All you need is eight regions, then state.
My point is, this is what most on here are asking for but they don't know it.  It remedies most of the issues they have with your present system. 
I don't know how the process works but maybe going my route to begin with, not changing the team portion initially might be the best way to pass it. Then in a couple of years implement what you laid out.

I like the MN system, I might change the timing (If I recall there is some team and individual the same weekend).

MNbadger

Then you add another weekend which runs counter to what we have been discussing in regard to participation/time commitment.  The timing is good.  The state team is on Thursday and the state individual is on Friday-Saturday.  I included the mshsl link and schedule.
Quote from: bigoil on June 26, 2018, 09:43:01 PM
Quote from: MNbadger on June 26, 2018, 07:09:44 AM
It is unlikely that they read this forum, I agree.  On here though it would answer/remedy the questions/complaints about the system in place in Wisconsin.  Additionally, it is similar to what big oil posted and I responded to.  The difference is that he suggested a regional as well which is superfluous.  All you need is eight regions, then state.
My point is, this is what most on here are asking for but they don't know it.  It remedies most of the issues they have with your present system.  
I don't know how the process works but maybe going my route to begin with, not changing the team portion initially might be the best way to pass it. Then in a couple of years implement what you laid out.

I like the MN system, I might change the timing (If I recall there is some team and individual the same weekend).
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

bigoil

We need three days of individual state per Woody to do what we want with 3 divisions, 2 matches guarantee and WB to 3rd place.

Not sure how many mats MN has out, but kohl has 6 and would need to go 8 to get the extra mats for guarantee 2 matches plus if we have 16 in each division we are adding another 112 matches (56 each division).

What is MN mats situation?

I'm not pushing for a shorter season at state time. Plus if you remove regionals, you'd gain a weekend back.

MNbadger

Eight mats, down to six for finals (first/second-third/fourth-fifth/sixth)......
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Jimmy

Actually I believe they went 6 mats for 3-4,5-6 for all three divisions then went down to 3 for finals,again all three divisions

bigoil

Quote from: MNbadger on June 27, 2018, 10:58:48 PM
Eight mats, down to six for finals (first/second-third/fourth-fifth/sixth)......

I'd have to have Woody comment but my understanding was that we needed 8 mats Thursday - Saturday to get what we currently have adding in two match minimum (down to 3 for finals I'm sure).