D3 State Tourny fun facts

Started by ramjet, February 26, 2017, 09:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

Coleman had 4 wrestlers finish in the top 3
Startford had 6 wrestlers finish in the top 3
Fennimore had 2 wrestlers finish in the top 3

Bonduel Sectional had 29 wrestlers finish in the top 5.

Boyceville had 3 wrestlers take first and a Fifth upper weight classes Iron Sharpens Iron.

2 schools move down from D2 this year
Wittenberg Birnamwood  who put two wrestlers in the placing 5thnplace at 152 and 2nd at 182.
Southern Door  also had two wrestlers in the finals 2nd at 195 and 3rd at 160

There were two wrestlers that left the State Tournament in D3 undefeated both from Stratford.

There were 6 wrestlers who had one 1 loss on the year but all of them left the State Tournament Champions.

The Champions made up of
0 freshman ,
4 Sophomore ,
3 Jr,
7 Seniors

There were 11 wrestlers that placed in the D3 that had 50 or more matches on thier record the highest being 57 matches. Random Lake Fennimore and Laconia, Ken. Christian Life with big match counts.

Lowest match Count 17-0 that wrestlers took first.

75 of the place winners had 40 or more matches this year.

9 pins recorded in the matches for place. All weight classes. Fastest 15 seconds.

2 MD and 1 in sudden victory and TF in the D3 matches for place.

Stripes

Boyceville had 3 firsts, schlough, Palmer, joles

Houndhead

Quote from: Stripes on February 26, 2017, 09:41:55 AM

I think each Boyceville wrestler had 1 loss. Do you know who they lost to?

ramjet

I was wondering that as well who in the heck beat Joles that young man is a beast.

Bluebird2

Quote from: getyourpoints on February 26, 2017, 05:05:16 PM
Dylan Anderson (Hudson) majored him

I thought Dylan Anderson graduated last year?

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: ramjet on February 26, 2017, 04:58:39 PM
I was wondering that as well who in the heck beat Joles that young man is a beast.
Pretty sure it was Dalton Hahn from Reedsburg.

grasshopper

Quote from: Houndhead on February 26, 2017, 04:20:55 PM
Quote from: Stripes on February 26, 2017, 09:41:55 AM

I think each Boyceville wrestler had 1 loss. Do you know who they lost to?

Joles lost to Dalton Hahn of Reedsburg 4-3 at the Dells duals.  (When I looked up some of his other notable matches this season I seen that he Beat the D2 220 pound state champ by tech Fall at the dells, the D2 195 state champion 12-5 in St. Croix falls, and majored the D1 220 pound state runner up from Hudson at the BR/DSC tournament this season!)
Schlough lost to Shane Gantz in overtime at the Merrill tournament
Palmer lost to the 2nd ranked 182 pounder from a school in Minnesota at the St. Croix Falls tournament

Pretty impressive group of wrestlers to say the least.

RollTide

Something I noticed this weekend.  Palmer the 182 pound state champ from Boyceville, wrestled 132 last at state last year.  If my math is correct that is a 6 weight class jump.  I'd be curious if anyone knows of a larger jump by a state champ. 

Congrats to him, that is quite an accomplishment.

Ledger

Quote from: ramjet on February 26, 2017, 04:58:39 PM
Very impressed with Joles from what I saw at the state tournament, and would argue he was the best 195 lber at the tournament regardless of class.  Amazing he's still a junior and I hope he tests his potential this spring and summer on the national freestyle/greco circuit. 

ramjet

Quote from: RollTide on February 27, 2017, 01:15:04 PM
Something I noticed this weekend.  Palmer the 182 pound state champ from Boyceville, wrestled 132 last at state last year.  If my math is correct that is a 6 weight class jump.  I'd be curious if anyone knows of a larger jump by a state champ. 

Wow growth spurt !!!!!

ICEMAN112

Quote from: RollTide on February 27, 2017, 01:15:04 PM

Not a State Champ but Aaron Broer West Salem/Bangor Qualified for State as Freshman 285, Sophomore 220, and Senior 182. He went the other way.