Tony Ramos

Started by bigdawg, April 11, 2016, 06:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdawg

What happened to Tony Ramos' car on his way to Rio?

It stalled

woody53

Wow, there is an uncalled for dig. Personal rejection from Tony for you dawg.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

wrestler6

Wow is right Woody, Ramos made a name for himself as a hawkeye.. Like you to tell him that lol it's best that you don't.  Tony may not have made rio but watch out for what's to come!
Tyler

bigdawg

Quote from: wrestler6 on April 11, 2016, 09:40:24 PM
Wow is right Woody, Ramos made a name for himself as a hawkeye.. Like you to tell him that lol it's best that you don't.  Tony may not have made rio but watch out for what's to come!
And then he ripped on everyone that help him make that name

dman

Well I enjoyed your post dawg....not everyone has a sense of humor so don't sweat it.

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

Agree bigdawg. Ramos ripped Tom Brands and the Iowa program for allowing Dennis back into the Hawkeye Wrestling Club. He's a poor loser and a cry baby. Those supporting him are the same supporting Barry.

By the way, if Barry is such a good coach why wasn't he in anyone's corner at OTT???  Those at the senior level have figured it out now we just need to get the Barry lovers to do the same

MarkK

It is not the Barry lovers here or anywhere else that matters.  I wouldn't even say ticket sales are an issue.  The problem you have isn't with the Barry lovers here, it is with the University of Wisconsin and Barry Alvarez.   Quite honestly hijacking a Tony Ramos thread to bash on Barry is petty.  I really don't care about your animosity towards Barry Davis.  When he leaves it won't be because people complained on this forum. 
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

Barou

Quote from: MarkK on April 13, 2016, 08:51:18 AM
It is not the Barry lovers here or anywhere else that matters.  I wouldn't even say ticket sales are an issue.  The problem you have isn't with the Barry lovers here, it is with the University of Wisconsin and Barry Alvarez.   Quite honestly hijacking a Tony Ramos thread to bash on Barry is petty.  I really don't care about your animosity towards Barry Davis.  When he leaves it won't be because people complained on this forum. 

That is the truth.  Ticket sales don't matter and neither does lying to recruits, disgruntled wrestlers leaving the program, lack of success, etc.... all true.  Davis will be gone when he wants to be gone and he's not going stop milking out his $100K+ job anytime soon.

Next year.
JHI Mafia

bigdawg

Quote from: Brett Favre on April 13, 2016, 08:26:13 AM
Agree bigdawg. Ramos ripped Tom Brands and the Iowa program for allowing Dennis back into the Hawkeye Wrestling Club. He's a poor loser and a cry baby. Those supporting him are the same supporting Barry.
I just love how he can be so arrogant and cocky in his interview after the semifinals and then become a big baby in his interview after the finals.  He puts the blame on everyone else for him losing, but the first person he needs to blame is himself. 

Barou

Quote from: bigdawg on April 13, 2016, 09:56:17 AM
Quote from: Brett Favre on April 13, 2016, 08:26:13 AM
I just love how he can be so arrogant and cocky in his interview after the semifinals and then become a big baby in his interview after the finals.  He puts the blame on everyone else for him losing, but the first person he needs to blame is himself. 

He blamed himself for the loss before going into the other stuff.  I'm not a Ramos fan but to be fair he never blamed anyone else for his loss.  Emotional young man that came so close to becoming an olympian and felt betrayed by someone he has been dedicated to for a long time.  I can't begin to imagine the amount of training and emotions invested into that dream.  I'm giving the kid a pass but that's just me.  Giving an interview with some depth and real heartfelt comments is good to see once in a while, especially in wrestling.

Personally, I was hoping for our guy Graff and thought he was our best chance to medal.  I didn't see his match against Dennis but it sounds like Dennis won the match convincingly.  I think if we can get the weight qualified, Dennis has a good shot to medal.
JHI Mafia

MarkK

All that being said.  I wonder if Ramos realizes his outburst is not a selling point for ongoing leadership of any program?  Great wrestler poor timing.  I don't think any of us needed to hear the dirty laundry.  It made him look bad. 
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

billymurphy

Ramos is naturally very upset, but he is totally wrong
to think Brands should not have brought Dennis back in to train at Iowa.

GoodGod

Best line I heard in Iowa City last weekend:

"Well you know how Tony loves selling his T-shirts, i've got a good one for him: '#TeamRamos Criteria my way to Rio'".

I'm still laughing about it ;D

bigdawg

I really thought Graff had the stuff to be the guy for USA this year, but Dennis gutted him a few times and that was the difference of the match.  Hats off to Dennis for beating Graff because Graff was wrestling at a very high level the whole tournament.