Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: Fish on May 09, 2024, 10:33:05 AM
Quote from: Armdrag on May 09, 2024, 09:53:54 AManother interesting stat, but would be fairly difficult to collect the data..........how many of these kids attend multiple clubs???

There's definitely a good number of kids that cross train at multiple clubs.  I know of a few AWA kids that drop in at Nazar once a week to get an extra practice in and to find different partners.

Also how many locations each club has as well will kinda skew the numbers as well
Quote from: Scramble_king on Yesterday at 07:00:44 PMI wonder what % of athletes to win and place from each club would be.

Probably an interesting statistic but it would also not tell the whole story of each club. Some clubs get a lot of the 2nd tier and 3rd tier talent and not the top tier talent.

What's great is the competitive nature of the young wrestlers and the willingness to train to be better.
After watching the Oklahoma State press conference, I think a legitimate contender now exists.  David Taylor is the right person and Oklahoma State is the right place.  At a bare minimum, it will be exciting to follow them.  This is good for wrestling!

I only hope we see more of this after the Olympics and World Championships later this year.  Dake to Iowa would be interesting for sure.  Maybe not the right fit, but Dake would be another game changer and Iowa has everything else (tradition, money, facilities, etc).

Does anyone think Askren to Wisconsin is on this same level?  Yes Wisconsin is missing a lot and it would be a long shot with the amount of things that would need to happen, but this combination actually has potential (just look at the team score post AWA consistently shares on social media from NCAA and UWW qualifier events).  Bringing in a couple RTC athletes (AWA alum), bringing in a couple portal transfers (AWA alum), flipping a couple commitments, actually securing the borders, and creating PNL pipeline to WI. If this happened, I can guarantee one thing, I would be actively supporting again.  Things like filling the field house, securing new donors, kids wearing Badger Wrestling t-shirts again; these things might actually happen.  On the flip side, unfortunately what we do know, none of this happens in the current scenario. 
WIWrestling Main Forum / Re: Update Coaching Contact Ru...
Last post by hutgoose - Today at 07:57:57 AM
Do you know these coaches' relationship the wrestlers? Some coaches do have  children who wrestle and other family as well. Is there a rule against that?
Gilman coming over from NLWC was smart on DTs part. Yin to Yang

Oklahoma State is back.

Ok state has it figured out. Now they hire Fix to run their RTC.
WIWrestling Main Forum / Re: Freestlye Champs for each ...
Last post by Scramble_king - Yesterday at 07:00:44 PM
I wonder what % of athletes to win and place from each club would be.
Sounds like this is delayed and may not be happening due to the changing landscape of college athletics. It takes a bit of a gambler to be investing in wrestling or any of the olympic sports right now.  I don't think many athletic departments are taking the race or proliferation of wrestling only facilities too seriously.  I don't think Penn St or Iowa and the crowds they get are even making money as a stand alone program
Last post by Ghetto - May 09, 2024, 10:09:05 PM
Quote from: rankwizard on May 09, 2024, 03:42:57 PMI think we all hit more than 3 clubs back in the day

Man I hit so many clubs back in the day...
Last post by rankwizard - May 09, 2024, 03:42:57 PM
I think we all hit more than 3 clubs back in the day