Kids Dual Meet Tournament

Started by tyben, October 31, 2016, 01:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyben

Last year our club attended a dual meet tournament and it was a great experience for the kids, coaches, and parents.  I see there is one in Brillion again this year on Feb 12th, does anyone know of other similar events in Wisconsin this year? 

bkraus

There is going to be one in West Allis in January.  I believe at Nathan Hale on Jan 8th.
Strive for Perfection

tyben

Thanks, that's before we even start our club program so that might be tough for us.  Do you know what ages/grades?

benaskren

There will be one at the AWA Winter Classic.

We are having both an elite clubs division and local teams division.  Also having 2 age groups 5th-8th grade and 2nd-5th grade.

Here is the link to all of the info, it should be fun: http://awawisconsin.com/winter-classic/
Ben Askren
Founder and Owner at AWA
askrenbros@gmail.com
www.awawisconsin.com

ChargerDad

Quote from: benaskren on November 04, 2016, 07:54:23 AM
There will be one at the AWA Winter Classic.

We are having both an elite clubs division and local teams division.  Also having 2 age groups 5th-8th grade and 2nd-5th grade.

Here is the link to all of the info, it should be fun: http://awawisconsin.com/winter-classic/

I think it's awesome that you are having a division for local teams so they can compete against other local teams instead of getting destroyed by an elite club.  Dual experience is something that would do all these kids well!!

Ghetto

Quote from: tyben on November 01, 2016, 01:24:10 PM
Thanks, that's before we even start our club program so that might be tough for us.  Do you know what ages/grades?

Hale is 4th through 8th grade. PM me with your email address and I'll send you the flyer.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

crossface49

There's a middle school one at Slinger. Pretty good competition

tyben

Our problem with the early season dual meet tournaments is that our 6-8th graders have their middle school season until January 20th when they have their conference tournament in Merrill.  These kids being part of the WIAA are not allowed to wrestle other tournaments until after that.  The AWA tournament for 2nd-5th might be good for us though

benaskren

Ben Askren
Founder and Owner at AWA
askrenbros@gmail.com
www.awawisconsin.com