Divisions in Wrestling

Started by 21Headlocks, February 20, 2021, 02:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21Headlocks

Is it just me, or does D3 just seem a LOT better than D2. I understand D1 is the highest class, but D3 is a clear 2nd. D2 doesn't even interest me at this point, not much competition or talent. Does anyone else think this?

Scramble_king

I wouldn't say a lot, but yes D3 is probably better than D2 this year.

Wis-Mallard

I'll take the bait. LOT? You must be talking teams? Division 2 individual state is much deeper than D3 in my opinion. Top couple in D3 at each weight are really good but it drops off after that.

Wis-Mallard

Whiting, Scoles, Hopke, Brenner, Bianchi.... No talent in D2???

imnofish

Personally, I think there are plenty of good wrestlers in all 3 divisions this year.  I understand that it's a natural tendency to compare and contrast the divisions, but out of respect for all of the participants, I've decided to just enjoy and honor the efforts of all involved.  I can't think of any legitimate reason to put an asterisk next to any result, especially when I consider the challenges everyone has faced this year.  To be clear, I am not putting down anyone who chooses to follow their impulses to make comparisons; just articulating another way of looking at the situation.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

whatever

Quote from: 21Headlocks on February 20, 2021, 02:54:21 PM
Is it just me, or does D3 just seem a LOT better than D2. I understand D1 is the highest class, but D3 is a clear 2nd. D2 doesn't even interest me at this point, not much competition or talent. Does anyone else think this?

It's just you.
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

Gordy M

I'm pretty sure that Amery would beat any of those d-3 teams

bigoil

wrastle63

Army Ant

D2 is better by most measurements id say but how specifically are you making that conclusion? What data?

The Last Ride

Quote from: whatever on February 20, 2021, 04:43:54 PM
Quote from: 21Headlocks on February 20, 2021, 02:54:21 PM

It's just you.

:o  ;D
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

bigoil

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 20, 2021, 06:17:28 PM
Quote from: bigoil on February 20, 2021, 06:12:22 PM
LC beat Coleman in a dual FYI.
Well LC is the best team on D2.  ;D
Well Amery won state and since LC didn't make it to Adams Friendship and still beat the 1pt Short runner-up, D2 must be superior.

factfinder

Quote from: Wis-Mallard on February 20, 2021, 04:15:13 PM
D1 Clark, Jäger E, Nicolar, Gannos, Mitchel M, Gunderson, A Sinclair and Marisola twins,B Back, Thorp are all D1 prospects. (11)
D2 Whiting, Scoles, Brenner, Bianchi, Hopke, Ramberg are all D1 prospects. (5)
D3 Drexler, Marko, Joles(went baseball), Sonentag are all D1 prospects. (4)
I am sure I missed a few but this is based on state and National results. Over the past 10 or so years D1 has put out more D1 wrestlers then D2&D3 combined.

bigoil

Quote from: factfinder on February 20, 2021, 10:11:50 PM
D1 Clark, Jäger E, Nicolar, Gannos, Mitchel M, Gunderson, A Sinclair and Marisola twins,B Back, Thorp are all D1 prospects. (11)
I am sure I missed a few but this is based on state and National results. Over the past 10 or so years D1 has put out more D1 wrestlers then D2&D3 combined.
Severson D2/D3 is going to the Badgers

hammer

Quote from: factfinder on February 20, 2021, 10:11:50 PM

I heard Nolan Springer is going to Bucknell, cannt find much to confirm that. He also looks to be the tallest wrestler in state. Not sure of his height, is he 6'6 or close to it?