Coaches: What is the most fulfilling part of being a coach?

Started by wrestlingislife_189, April 21, 2014, 07:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestlingislife_189

Is it coaching a state champion, winning a team state title, turning that rough around the edges kid's life around, is it turning that under .500 wrestler into a state qualifier someday, is it seeing that "light bulb" moment when your wrestler gets it, is it knowing that you were instrumental in a person's life? Or is it something completely different that motivates you to coach?

Effy

All of the above (except for the team title thing - I was never able to be part of that).

Ghetto

All of that. Never been a part of a state team title though.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Lombardi

There are a lot of fulfilling parts that go into coaching and having a role in impacting the life of a wrestler.  In my opinion the most rewarding part of coaching is helping your team and it's individuals to achieve the highest level of success possible for their talent and ability. As most successful coaches know a wrestlers God given abilities will only get them so far, but their belief level in what they believe they are capable of will take them even further.  The most fullfilling and rewarding part of coaching is helping your wrestlers to go beyond what they could do on their own and knowing that you play a key part in helping that to happen.  

Jimmy

It's when they call you ten years later and say thanks

dman

Definitely the relationships built with the kids, and watching them grow.  Which also makes it the hardest part of coaching.....always difficult after their senior year season.