Congrats to All!

Started by wrestlingislife_189, March 02, 2014, 04:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestlingislife_189

I just want to say congratulations to all wrestlers this year! This shout out goes to not only every state champion but to everyone battling in that practice room every single day. Wrestling is such an incredible sport that teaches great life lessons each and every day. I grew up around wrestling and have been going to the state tournament every single year for about 14 years now. Sadly, I never made the tournament but still get chills every time those lights turn off and the music starts playing. Each and every wrestler out on that mat this weekend showed a tremendous amount of heart. Win or lose, you are all champions!

I miss those days of grinding through a long practice or getting the winning takedown in the final seconds of a match that decides a dual. I am sure each and every person on this forum that laced up those wrestling shoes can attest to that. For anyone who is still competing, work as hard as you can every single day. I can tell you there were days where I felt like I didn't want to work as hard as I could but once you graduate and move on from the sport you will sit there and wonder what if. What if I would have gotten up that one morning and ran instead of getting that extra sleep? What if I would have drilled harder in practice? These are things you sit and ponder later in life, only if you don't work as hard as you can every moment to achieve the goals you set out for yourself. For most people, your life in wrestling is short so make the most out of it!

woody53

Best post of the weekend. You understand it 189.  ;)
Thanks for being there.

Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

wrestlingislife_189

Thanks Woody! I also wanted to thank everyone involved in running the tournament. Workers, refs, coaches, etc.

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

TLV

Outstanding post. very inspiring to read. Thank you 189!!
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

npope

Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

wrestlingislife_189

Thanks everyone. We need to get kids more excited about this sport! Numbers seemed low this year, which stinks because wrestling helps mold a persons life.