Started by FoldEmUp, April 26, 2018, 07:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoldEmUp

leg turk

BuckyMatt

Quote from: leg turk on April 26, 2018, 09:14:53 PM
Work your magic McDonough! 
+1
CB probably wanted to transfer anyway! Then he hears McD is going to be a coach and he probably fainted from yesterday excitement!

mkm13

Great get, especially if he can stay at 125 for 3 years.  He did well for a true freshman last year. Hope he can make a big jump in his 2nd year in a college room.

With him added, we really do not have a weak weight next year, assuming Reinhardt can make 184.

Houndhead

wrastle63

Quote from: Houndhead on April 27, 2018, 07:12:40 AM
Does he have to sit out a season?
Anybody heard the plan? Is he redshirting or starting right away.

Side note I saw Bono and Reader had a picture with Hunter Lewis who could be a potential 4 year 125er.

Razor Ramon

Quote from: Houndhead on April 27, 2018, 07:12:40 AM
Does he have to sit out a season?

If he was granted a full release then he can start right away if the coaching staff wants him to. The only time that comes into question is if a transfer goes to another school in the same conference, or if the transfer wasn't granted a full release (ie Metcalf)

mkm13

Considering our other options at 125 and the effort to try to create excitement around the program right away, I would assume the plan would be to wrestle Brown next year, assuming he is granted a full release.  I would think he will be with the coaching change.

stbird

Barou

Quote from: mkm13 on May 01, 2018, 12:28:25 PM
Considering our other options at 125 and the effort to try to create excitement around the program right away, I would assume the plan would be to wrestle Brown next year, assuming he is granted a full release.  I would think he will be with the coaching change.

I think you're right.  Schools are pretty good about that as long it's not within the conference.
JHI Mafia

Badgerfan

So why does wrestling have different rules than say football or basketball? Unless you're a grad transfer, I think it's mandatory you sit a year.

leg turk

Quote from: Badgerfan on May 06, 2018, 09:41:40 AM
So why does wrestling have different rules than say football or basketball? Unless you're a grad transfer, I think it's mandatory you sit a year.

I thought you only have to sit a year if you transfer to the same conference, in football and basketball too.

Badgerfan

Quote from: leg turk on May 06, 2018, 12:09:50 PM

I thought you only have to sit a year if you transfer to the same conference, in football and basketball too.

Th only times that I'm aware of where you don't have to sit, is if you're a grad transfer or go to a lower division. There might be another situation, but I'm not sure.

T.Vieau

Here is a link to transfer rules I found. If I read it correctly based on Brown's full release from SD he would be eligible right away.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/transfer-terms

ElectricGuy

I think it has to do with the type of release the school give that athlete (conditional vs non-conditional).  You look at the mess a few years ago when Bo R had all kind of restrictions on Jarrod Uthoff and that became a mess and a black eye for the UW.
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.