WWF Mini-Camp = Awesome!

Started by Kevin Black, March 31, 2013, 03:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Black

The first WWF Mini-Camp took place this weekend in River Falls.  It was an incredible camp and the new WWF format is off to a great start.  There were 48 athletes and 8 coaches who came in on Friday night and an additional 60+ athletes that joined the camp on Saturday.  Camp included great technique and positional concepts plus practice matches.

The next camp is set to take place in Kaukauna on April 27-28.  It will reach the maximum capacity of 70 athletes very quickly.  Coach Kluever followed his intuition while implementing a new system and, after one camp, it's evident that it is the BEST thing for Wisconsin.  We accomplished as much in two days of focused training (in March) than we generally do in four days immediately prior to the Fargo experience.  We're getting a great jump start on the competition.

On Wisconsin!
Isaiah 26:8

wrestleme

Can they find a place that is centrally located
For all of the weekend camps. I know kaukauna is hosting
The next one but River Falls is 300 miles away for us.
If they were all centrally located it would be
"better" for all athletes involved.
Mr. anonymous

legman160

I drove 5 hours Friday and 5 hours Saturday home, had 4 wrestlers in my vehicle. I know 4 other wrestlers from my club did that on Saturday for the General membership, as far as i know everyone said the camp was well worth the drive.
I also think that having different locations is a great idea. At some point everyone drives a little bit more. To centally locate it is easier said than done. Finding a facility can be an issue.
Thanks Kevin, Brad, Matt, Arnie for a great clinic/training session!!!!!

boowrestle

Why is it that the people and clubs that find something to complain about are the same ones that never attend the annual fall WWF meeting,where this was all discussed and explained at?? ???It has been advertised on WWF website all winter long,with the various locations it should workout for everbody at sometime.
you can run but you cannot hide.

wrestleme

Sorry for sounding like I was squealing/complaining.
I am/was not. I was just asking a question.
I have a few wrestlers that are interested in freestyle/greco roman wrestling
and of course I want them to get the best coaching. So I want them to have the opportunity
to wrestle at these camps.

Now the second camp is full so they will have to wait until the
end of May to attend.
Mr. anonymous

beartown75

Wrestleme;  I don't think these comments are being directed towards you, I think they are refering to a couple of post's that have since been deleted.

boowrestle

you can run but you cannot hide.