D2 #3 Baldwin beats D2 #1 Amery 33-31

Started by The Last Ride, January 27, 2022, 10:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Quote from: Houndhead on February 15, 2022, 07:11:47 AM
Quote from: shouldvewrestled on February 14, 2022, 10:13:54 PM
Quote from: Jbsi on February 14, 2022, 08:35:16 PM
Amery had the same number of champs (5) and qualifiers (9).  Looks like the key was yes, bonus points, and Amery's entire team made the semis.  Amery's depth showed for sure as the difference was 30 points this year. With Burke would the dual have been different?
Take Burke vs Gartman score from Saturday and put that in the dual Amery wins. Different day so never know what would have happened. BW beat the team put in front of them that night. Same as Amery took the regional in a back and forth affair. Both events great for NW wrestling.

We will never know who would have won in a rematch of a dual. Congrats to Amery for winning the regional.

So true.....I will add that at 138 bw got a pin instead of a decision and 145 bw also got a pin instead of a major so........both teams picked up points that wasnt had at the dual.

So fun looking at how close the top 2 teams in the area really are. Simply amazing for sure ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

wrastle63

Quote from: FinalWord on February 14, 2022, 08:27:29 PM
Im told Amery had dead people wrestling for them and the scales were fixed to weigh the Amery guys lighter than they really were. Ask Mike Lindell!
What a positive contribution to this thread.  ::)

Redeemer

Maybe next WIAA changes their style on creating the postseason... but I don't see that the wheels are in motion for that, unless they've just been quiet.

Modernization is possible if the people in charge have an open mind.

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 15, 2022, 09:19:17 AM
Amery had the same number of champs (5) and qualifiers (9).  Looks like the key was yes, bonus points, and Amery's entire team made the semis.  Amery's depth showed for sure as the difference was 30 points this year. With Burke would the dual have been different?
Take Burke vs Gartman score from Saturday and put that in the dual Amery wins. Different day so never know what would have happened. BW beat the team put in front of them that night. Same as Amery took the regional in a back and forth affair. Both events great for NW wrestling.

We will never know who would have won in a rematch of a dual. Congrats to Amery for winning the regional.

So true.....I will add that at 138 bw got a pin instead of a decision and 145 bw also got a pin instead of a major so........both teams picked up points that wasnt had at the dual.

So fun looking at how close the top 2 teams in the area really are. Simply amazing for sure ;D
Very true, if you change around Amery's lineup to what they put out for the Regional it changes things up again.  With results from Saturday head to head with lineup and probable outcomes where they didn't meet I think BW wins the dual again 34-33 or 34-34 (then BW wins on matches won 8-6, 170 would be the ultimate tossup which I gave to BW in this scenario)

One exciting dual if that were to happen but alas we don't get to see it... :-\

shouldvewrestled

And before anyone comes back in a dual it would be different, I totally understand that and strategy is different and bumping around is a good possibility.  Wouldn't it be fun to see it though  ;) and this current format of Individual Tournament deciding team leaves us wanting more again and again.

Houndhead

I think it makes for good chatter on this forum. So let's say that we had a true dual meet format for team state. Would Amery and B/W still be in the same regional, or would it be seeded so #1 wouldn't meet #3 until possibly the state final?

Houndhead

Littleguy, I'm sure you wish your team had the chance to wrestle Amery in a dual, but the B/W team has a lot to be proud of. If Amery does win team state, you can still claim to be the bettter dual team. Myself, I'm just glad to see someone other than Ellsworth winning this sectional, although I do wish they were in the team sectional.

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: Houndhead on February 15, 2022, 02:25:00 PM

Littleguy, I'm sure you wish your team had the chance to wrestle Amery in a dual, but the B/W team has a lot to be proud of. If Amery does win team state, you can still claim to be the bettter dual team. Myself, I'm just glad to see someone other than Ellsworth winning this sectional, although I do wish they were in the team sectional.
Get a little revenge this year  Hound ;) -  As for your question on would BW and Amery be in the same regional.  If Saint Croix Central can be made to drive to Freedom, and Wrightstown to BW in football for a level 2 game (2019) I think any type of seeding should be fine.  Especially if the first few rounds are done on a Saturday.  Though if done like MN, they would most likely still be in the same section/region.

Houndhead

Quote from: shouldvewrestled on February 15, 2022, 02:30:17 PM
Quote from: Houndhead on February 15, 2022, 02:25:00 PM

Get a little revenge this year  Hound ;) -  As for your question on would BW and Amery be in the same regional.  If Saint Croix Central can be made to drive to Freedom, and Wrightstown to BW in football for a level 2 game (2019) I think any type of seeding should be fine.  Especially if the first few rounds are done on a Saturday.  Though if done like MN, they would most likely still be in the same section/region.

No revenge here. Ellsworth was the measuring stick for so long, that it doesn't seem right for them not to be there. I have great respect for the program. As a Neillsville alum, I was lucky enough to be part of a state title team that beat Ellsworth at the sectional in 1983. I sure wish we would have had the dual format for state back in those days, it would have been a blast.

shouldvewrestled

I don't mean in a negative way revenge, but has been many hard fought close duals in the past years between the two schools so would feel good to get one.  I think that dual would have been a fun first round matchup once again if Ellsworth had squeaked out the regional.  WSB earned it very much so though and should be a great dual as well.