Andrew Howe leaving Oklahoma for Northwestern

Started by leg turk, May 19, 2016, 07:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

Quote from: buc65 on May 20, 2016, 02:47:54 PM

Howe was attending UW and tried to transfer to Michigan.  He was not "excepted" (accepted) as a transfer while at a D1 school.  Maybe his academic performance improved, but to the level of Northwestern's academics is unlikely.  Like a previous post said, it is most likely because it is closer to home. 

Are you suggesting that Howe has yet to graduate (from OU)? Being hired at NW as a coach would stand separate from any issue of being accepted as a student at NW, wouldn't it?

I am confused as to why his acceptance as a student is even being raised here - can someone clarify what (if any) issue is the point of this commentary?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

woody53

Quote from: npope on May 20, 2016, 03:56:41 PM
Quote from: buc65 on May 20, 2016, 02:47:54 PM

Howe was attending UW and tried to transfer to Michigan.  He was not "excepted" (accepted) as a transfer while at a D1 school.  Maybe his academic performance improved, but to the level of Northwestern's academics is unlikely.  Like a previous post said, it is most likely because it is closer to home. 

Are you suggesting that Howe has yet to graduate (from OU)? Being hired at NW as a coach would stand separate from any issue of being accepted as a student at NW, wouldn't it?

I am confused as to why his acceptance as a student is even being raised here - can someone clarify what (if any) issue is the point of this commentary?
Yes, why would a Student Athlete be able to transfer, just for the Academic reasons. That is what I was trying to get across. Yet my grammar and lack of understanding that Life is all about wrestling is what is questioned.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!