Rude Media

Started by woody53, March 03, 2018, 09:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

I have to say the the Media down on the mats for the Awards at Team State was the worst I have ever seen. To shove the awards table to the side when the D1 Gold trophy is still on the table. Really? I saw it going over. Then during D2, to keep shoving into the person handing the medals to the WIAA Reps. Finally stepping on my foot that I almost lost the medals. My whole life in the State Tournament is a great representation and the experience for the athlete. Yet the Media is more important.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

imnofish

Sorry to hear that, Woody.  Just another example of how self-centered and rude many have become...    :'(
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

It's a disturbing trend. Me, me, me!!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

I noticed that at individual state. Didnt want to say anything because i was happy to see that wrestling was getting some coverage
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

It's been this way in certain situations for decades.  Now, it's slithered into our high school sports.  Slippery slope?
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

thequad

In Green Bay the media gave more attention to girls hockey regionals then they did to state wrestling.
Even though LC was state champs, very little coverage.
Don't they look at the crowds that are at these events?
I AM DISGUSTED!!!
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

bigoil

That's not true. Both cbs and abc had great coverage showing Bosman and Vandenbush.

thequad

I am referring to all the coverage that girls hockey got by comparison to the number of people that attend these events.
I have to say the coverage got better later in the weekend.
What I hate is the lack of coverage all season and before the event.
I think wrestling is more popular than other sports they are covering.
More coverage would help gain popularity.

thequad

Dale Einerson

Does anybody else have the sense that the media, after attending individual and team state for wrestling, are absolutely amazed at the excitement and energy?  Compare it to any other state venue...

I think wrestling is just unknown...which could and should be fixed.

With regards to the rude media, suggest you put some gnarly eared past 197 pounder  sporting a "Come at me Bro" t-shirt" between the media and the important people and stuff.  If that doesn't work, maybe the WIAA official that successfully fought off the rush to the court by that unruly 4 year old...