Announcer - Matt Grey

Started by woody53, February 26, 2017, 12:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestlemania

Requiem im Pacem. His distinct voice will be missed. :'(

bkraus

This is sad news.  He is an icon to WI wrestling.  I have been the PA announcer at a handful of tournaments and I always tried to copy his style.  He sent shockwaves down my back my first time wrestling at state when I heard him say "Wrestlers please clear the mats".  My condolences to his family.
Strive for Perfection

Coach V

Definitely will be missed. I had the pleasure of spotting for him during our state championship football games and I shook his hand at every state tournament. He was great with the " Overtime on Mat 2" among many other things! I use his "overtime on mat..." during middle school matches. Great guy. Will be missed. RIP
You dont wrestle,your a wrestler

woody53

Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

bigG

Just has a voice most of us will always associate with the State Wrestling tourney. Never even knew his name 'til Woody posted it.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

Quote from: bigG on February 27, 2017, 05:26:18 PM
Just has a voice most of us will always associate with the State Wrestling tourney. Never even knew his name 'til Woody posted it.

neither did I but I certainly enjoyed his voice over the years. Yes it become something of a cult thing "wrestlers please clear the mats" that I heard over the years at a local tournament and always brought me a memory of state.

sorry to hear the loss and nothing I can say will sooth that loss but while I never met the man, I will always remember his voice.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

woody53

What a great showing of support for Matt and his Family tonight at his Celebration of Life. The WIAA was there big time. Many friends from past years. I will miss the Big Guy so much,
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!