2017 WIAA Individual State Advice

Started by woody53, January 27, 2017, 02:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

Just a heads up on some things to help your experience this year. Saturdays times have all been moved up an hour. Consolation round that started at 11:00 before is now 10:00. Finals will now start at 5:00. This is from a request to allow those traveling to get home sooner on Saturday. Also. The Kohl Center will be using Metal Detectors. This might slow the line getting in. To accommodate that, the WIAA is opening doors on Friday and Saturday nights sooner. Final times to come. This should not be a problem for the Diehard Fans as our history shows the biggest rush is right at the one hour entrance. Just giving everyone info to make your experience great.
Rich "Woody" Carlson
WIAA State Tournament Supervisor
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

woody53

Won't be this year. Has been talked about a lot. All comes from the Coaches association on what they would like to see.

Stripes

Not going to lie. Totally thought this was a truckercapattack post. Pretty disappointed. I just stocked up on dinty Moore stew and got the big rig out of storage. Ready for my workouts.

Nailbender

Thanks so much for this info Woody. I'm glad I'm privy to this forum. But, I have to ask this question.....I totally understand the people traveling home on Saturday night for the reason the finals have changed to 5:00. Where have these people had an opportunity to voice their opinion about this and how long has the request been going on? I like the fact that our voices can be heard, I am just curious as to where these people were expressing their concerns. Thanks again for the heads up!

woody53

From my knowledge, it came from the Coaches Association.

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bigG

Little advice for you refs. Call stalling on the opposition more quickly and you better never miss a locked hands call!  :)

Thanks Woody. Happy state!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

MarkK

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

imwi

Quote from: bigG on January 28, 2017, 12:39:31 PM
Little advice for you refs. Call stalling on the opposition more quickly and you better never miss a locked hands call!  :)

Thanks Woody. Happy state!

At least you're honest...call it on the opposition....love it

Nailbender

Thanks for getting back so quickly with an answer woody. I'll look into it, and also spread the word of this change as I'm sure there are several that are not aware until the tickets arrive, and I'm guessing many still won't realize the break between the consolations and finals will be considerably shorter this year even after receiving them. I was always told the long breaks were required by the Kohl Center for clean up between rounds. If this is true, which I totally get, it does take time, there will not be much time for turn around since one should probably get there early considering the new security taking place this year?

woody53

They are going to be letting in wrestlers, coaches, and fans while we may still be setting up for finals.