Who is the best in the state

Started by benaskren, August 24, 2015, 09:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricGuy

Good to see Devin is back - from MN forum

Devin Bahr (LAW, Wis.), one of the nation's top juniors, has registered for the 2015 InterMat JJ Classic at 152 pounds. Bahr has compiled a 73-1 career record heading into his junior year. He was a state champion as a freshman in 2014. Last season he suffered a torn ACL at the Bi-State Classic in late December that cut his season short.

In 2014, Bahr was an All-American in all three styles. He was a Cadet National folkstyle champion, and finished runner-up in Greco-Roman and third in freestyle. Bahr was a Preseason Nationals champion in 2012, 2013 and 2014. He was a member of the Cadet World Team in Greco-Roman in 2013. Bahr finished fourth at the JJ Classic in 2013.
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

dad 2 5

Quote from: wrestlingdad90 on October 21, 2015, 05:04:30 PM
Eddie Smith at 152 has to be on the top for best in the state.

Most certainly one of the fun guys to watch - he has the funky style thing going

stbird

Good stuff and I agree that a lot of the weights are incorrect from what I've been seeing and reading and watching. 

ElectricGuy

Quote from: Hand Control on August 27, 2015, 05:52:17 PM
I normally am a big fan of the posts that coach Askren puts on the forum, but I just think that this subject is about two or three months early. I would be shocked if electricguy was correct on the weights of more than twenty-five percent of the kids. And I am not being judgemental ,I just think that the weights of most of the kids will be higher than what is stated.

Hey Hand Control,

Just a FYI - I did a little digging, just on my D1 picks and checked according where their MWC is at.  Out of the 31 that had weights listed in the MWC I had 28 correct.  90%    ;D  The three I missed are all close enough that I would suspect if I check later after the parent permission is turned in, I might even pick up a couple more.

Before you say it, I know many of them will be wrestling much higher to begin the season.  I used the MWC, because most don't position themselves with setting / obtaining the MWC just for the fun of it, it's with a plan for at the end or midpoint of the season.

25% ?? -  stay away from Vegas my friend   ;)

We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

Hand Control

Quote from: ElectricGuy link=topic=47336.msg585045#msg5EG,I85045 date=1448989737
Quote from: Hand Control on August 27, 2015, 05:52:17 PM
I normally am a big fan of the posts that coach Askren puts on the forum, but I just think that this subject is about two or three months early. I would be shocked if electricguy was correct on the weights of more than twenty-five percent of the kids. And I am not being judgemental ,I just think that the weights of most of the kids will be higher than what is stated.

Hey Hand Control,

Just a FYI - I did a little digging, just on my D1 picks and checked according where their MWC is at.  Out of the 31 that had weights listed in the MWC I had 28 correct.  90%    ;D  The three I missed are all close enough that I would suspect if I check later after the parent permission is turned in, I might even pick up a couple more.

Before you say it, I know many of them will be wrestling much higher to begin the season.  I used the MWC, because most don't position themselves with setting / obtaining the MWC just for the fun of it, it's with a plan for at the end or midpoint of the season.

25% ?? -  stay away from Vegas my friend   ;)

EG I guess you got me there. Not sure Vegas would take two wieght classes/three kids at each weight but whatever.LOL Good luck on your wrestlers journey this year and to all the wrestlers this year.And just like every other year let the wrestling begin. Tom Brand says it best (You get what you earn)