I know this is a crazy question but…

Started by vsmf2010, March 07, 2016, 02:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsmf2010

Is there any chance of suspending the "we need a new coach talk" until after the NCAA tournament. I understand that many of you are frustrated, wish the program was better, and hold Barry and Barry responsible. While we may disagree on some of the measurement and what are realistic expectations for the Badger program I certainly am not saying that your arguments are not valid.

All I am saying is the "replace the coach" talk is draining for all of us involved. This is the greatest time of year in wrestling and it would be great to have the energy on the tournament for just the next 12 days. Certainly I have no power over anyone and you all can do whatever you like. I am just asking if we can change the tone just for a short period of time. Looking forward to 3/17.

Ghetto

Same. Let's talk about what's going on right now.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

lizard king

I agree!   I heard a few things I have questions about this weekend, however, this is an exciting time, I think the kids wrestled well and I loved BD's enthusiasm.  Let's jump on board the positive track for a few weeks at least!

jets152

Agreed! There are some Badgers who have clearly been gathering momentum of late. Keep it going!
I would've had a chance in WISAA.

jaguarwrestler

I didn't see anyone talking about it until you brought it up... thanks for the reminder  :P
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

vsmf2010

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on March 07, 2016, 05:21:13 PM
I didn't see anyone talking about it until you brought it up... thanks for the reminder  :P

Not true Jag:

Today

Re: Why the double standard?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:20:15 PM »    Quote

I read the same article and thought the same thing...it only took them 5 years to make that decision.  We are going on over 20 years.  I see many of the Barry fans are content with a 8th place finish in the Big Ten and once again the "wait til next year" mantra is loud and clear. 

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:46:07 PM »    Quote

« Reply #7 on: Today at 01:55:42 PM »    Quote

vsmf2010

Quote from: Brett Favre on March 07, 2016, 06:07:32 PM
I disagree. Keep the heat on.

I would expect nothing less. You are nothing if not predictable and consistent.

Say-Say

Thanks for posting this.  Let's get behind our team.  A strong fan base of support never hurts.

vsmf2010

Quote from: Say-Say on March 07, 2016, 10:42:55 PM
Thanks for posting this.  Let's get behind our team.  A strong fan base of support never hurts.

My pleasure. I am glad it was mostly well received.

npope

Quote from: Brett Favre on March 07, 2016, 06:07:32 PM
I disagree. Keep the heat on.

I don't know exactly what "heat" you think is being generated here, Brett. Your position on the matter is well known and shared by a number of posters - everyone gets that. Whatever "heat" you think your comments might be generating, that impact isn't going to diminish if you just take a week off to focus on vocally supporting the guys on the team. In the near term, a negative focus on the coach just drains any positive energy that could be going to the wrestlers themselves. Plenty of time later to go back to your strongly held beliefs about the coach.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Musky Hunter

Some should just become Penn St fans and their life would be all good.   :)  Love the Badgers and love watching the passion Coach Davis has for the sport. 

leg turk

Quote from: Musky Hunter on March 08, 2016, 12:49:07 PM
Some should just become Penn St fans and their life would be all good.   :)  Love the Badgers and love watching the passion Coach Davis has for the sport. 

Musky Hunter, how long have you been following Badger wrestling?

Barou

Quote from: Musky Hunter on March 08, 2016, 12:49:07 PM

Why, because he jumps around?
JHI Mafia