Mark Hall Official Visit

Started by wrestlingislife_189, September 07, 2015, 11:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestlingislife_189

dad 2 5

Glad to see the UW on the list. Now I hope we show well and it would be great to have Hall make a Badger choice!

Ghetto

Having him make a visit is a big deal. He projects to 174? Having Lawson helps maybe, if he is looking for partners.

While Hall wrestling with Burroughs is great, Burroughs is entering his last year of competition with the Olympics. I'm not sure that having the Champ as a partner for one year is really going to sway him.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

dman

Nebraska is sure going to be lucky to have him.

leg turk

Quote from: The Angry Fish on September 08, 2015, 04:41:56 PM
Quote from: dman on September 08, 2015, 08:09:30 AM
Nebraska is sure going to be lucky to have him.

Mark Hall going on the record that he is considering WI, and plans a visit is big. WI may only have a "punchers chance" of landing him, but go for it. Major props to BD and the recruiting staff for selling the program and attracting a tremendous talent. Prying MH away from Nebraska and JB is going to be a tough sell. The Badgers have gotten this far, let's see if they can close? As a fan I'm truly excited to be in the Hall sweepstakes. If by some miracle we land BB....I truly think with the addition of Lawsen & Beau could "turn the tide"? Exciting news regardless, if handled correctly more interest from other talented prospects is sure to come. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and expectations right sized.
Breske is not coming to Wisconsin.

mkm13

Do you think we have a better chance at Hall than Breske?  If so, I am not very confident in getting either. 

Both Hall and Breske would have very good practice partners here if they came.  They would have Robertson, Christenson, Reinhardt, Lawson, Ritter, and Brandvold to wrestle against everyday.  Obviously, none of them are at the level of Burroughs, but they are all very talented wrestlers. 

We have a big need at heavyweight in this class to replace Medberry.  I am hopeful we can get a good heavyweight recruit and either Hall or Breske.  If not, we need to get 2 nationally ranked recruits to keep up with the other top big 10 teams.

leg turk

aarons23

Quote from: leg turk on September 09, 2015, 06:49:09 AM
Breske is not coming to Madison.

Please tell me how you would know this?  I am quite confident Beau has not made his decision and he certainly is keeping it close to the vest right now if he has.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

billymurphy

I would think Hall would care greatly about who his practice partners would
be when deciding which college he wants to go to.
I do not see how Hall would choose Wisconsin unless Breske was for sure coming too.
I thought Hall indicated he would make his decision by November.

padre

I thought I had heard Halls girlfriend attends Madison.  Maybe just a rumor.

stp

Just a thought and only an opinion - Seems to me whenever Mark Hall is in a big match, he takes injury time.
I question Marks durability, especially if competing in the B10. 
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

billymurphy

Yes, world champions really struggle against Big Ten competition.

Andersonman1234

Quote from: Ghetto on September 07, 2015, 04:41:49 PM
Having him make a visit is a big deal. He projects to 174? Having Lawson helps maybe, if he is looking for partners.

While Hall wrestling with Burroughs is great, Burroughs is entering his last year of competition with the Olympics. I'm not sure that having the Champ as a partner for one year is really going to sway him.
Burroughs said he was going till 2020 so don't say he is in his last year because he's not.

Ghetto

I don't believe he'll go to 2020
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

stp

Quote from: billymurphy on September 13, 2015, 10:17:42 PM
Yes, world champions really struggle against Big Ten competition.

You believe cadet worlds are tougher than the B10?
From Milwaukee to St Paris.