Rutgers, Friday, 2-6-15

Started by leg turk, February 03, 2015, 07:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huckfinn

Quote from: TLV on February 04, 2015, 05:30:55 PM
No, I don't think that he will. I've seen Ashnault wrestle this year and I suspect that he will swarm all over JT. No upset.
Boy did you call that one.   "swarm" indeed.

I have not watched JTs career as much as some others here.   He has never looked very physically impressive to me, but he wrestles stronger than he looks - until this year.   

Wrestling him at 141 seems like a waste of time.   I just wonder how his season would have gone if there had been a spot for him at 133.

Huckfinn

Quote from: dad 2 5 on February 06, 2015, 09:52:03 PM
that was ugly. Timmy got stunned when the double leg got stopped and did not come back from it mentally.
I think TM wrestled so badly that he should not even watch the match.   Chalk it up to a bad night.

Why TM was so slow to get a shot off in the 3rd was a mystery, but maybe you hinted at answer - gun shy.

The kid he wrestled probably wrestled match of his life, that's the other half of the story.

wrestle03

Wrestling him at 141 seems like a waste of time.   I just wonder how his season would have gone if there had been a spot for him at 133.

Huckfinn, where have you been? 133 was Jesse's ever since the end of last season. He could never consistently, if ever, make 133 this year and hence the reason he's at 141. Taylor had problems making 125 so he moved up. Even if Jesse could make 133, fact of the matter is Taylor would easily major decision him or worse in a wrestle off.

Huckfinn

Quote from: wrestle03 on February 07, 2015, 02:50:53 AMHuckfinn, where have you been? 133 was Jesse's ever since the end of last season. He could never consistently, if ever, make 133 this year and hence the reason he's at 141. Taylor had problems making 125 so he moved up. Even if Jesse could make 133, fact of the matter is Taylor would easily major decision him or worse in a wrestle off.

So there was always a spot for JT at 133.  And there was never a spot for JT at 133.

Well, if he can't make weight, that's what matters.

He looks smaller than opponents at 141.   Wonder if he could have put on some muscle if he had targeted 41 rather than tried to make 33.

npope

Regarding McCall, we could all help the situation out and pretty much guarantee the kid three extra points per match if we would just stop calling him "Timmy." Call him "Tim." Or call him "George." Call him "whatever," it doesn't matter. Just please stop calling him "Timmy." The Timmys of the world are just grist for the wolves that feast on them.

Think about it - doesn't it sound like an Onion headline or some goofy joke, "A Man Named Timmy Walked into a Bar..."

So, let's do the kid a favor - let's give him a tough guy name (like The Hulk)...or at least just call him "Tim." I'd like to see Tim stop running hot-and-cold and consistently wrestle up to his abilities the remainder of the season. If he could do that, the I think Tim could find himself on the edge of AA territory at the NCAA tourney.

Good luck, Tim!

My apologies to all of the posters actually named "Timmy." I don't mean to insult you and I am sure your life has already been hard enough. And Barry Davis should pay me more for solving his problems.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

billymurphy

Now you are just being ridiculous.
Timmy is his name. Interesting Q&A's about Timmy from the Badgers webpage.

What does it mean to be a Badger?

"It means the world to me."

Off the Mat with Timmy

First started wrestling: 4-years-old
Most memorable match: 2014 Ohio State dual
My favorite thing about Wisconsin Wrestling is: The crowd
Before each match I: Pray
A non-athletic talent I have is: Dancing
One thing I absolutely have to do before I turn 40: Leave the country
Favorite Barry Davis quote: "Nothing is promised in life, but you can stack the odds in your favor."
Favorite quote: "If you're not first you're last."
If I could change one wrestling rule, it would be: Locking hands

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Good luck, Timmy McCall, the rest of the season.  This match was just a bump in the road.  You can still accomplish your goals.
Is anyone remaining on the schedule stronger than you? No Is anyone more powerful than you? No  
It will come down to strategy and conditioning the remainder of the season.  You can do it.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Huckfinn

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on February 07, 2015, 10:01:48 AM
Good luck, Timmy McCall, the rest of the season.  This match was just a bump in the road.  You can still accomplish your goals.
Is anyone remaining on the schedule stronger than you? No Is anyone more powerful than you? No  
It will come down to strategy and conditioning the remainder of the season.  You can do it.

Well said!

Just a matter of getting in that "zone", as they say.   Gotta believe.   With TM, it's not just wishful thinking, the talent is obvious.    I expect an AA tournament finish from TM, and I'm even lighting a candle for RR.

npope

Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope