Rutgers, Friday, 2-6-15

Started by leg turk, February 03, 2015, 07:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

I admit, I don't know much about them.  Is there any potential good matchups?  Do we have everyone healthy yet?

BOURNE

Rutgers:

133   #19 Scott Delveccio
141  #7 Anthony Ashnault
149  #17 Ken Theobold
157  #20 Anthony Perotti
174  #17 Phil Bakukas
285  #18 Billy Smith

BOURNE

Current Badgers Rankings on TOM:

#9 Ryan Taylor
#3 Isaac Jordan
#19 Ricky Robertson
#11 Timmy McCall
#2 Connor Medberry

Looks like the Badgers match up well over 10 matches.

leg turk

Quote from: BOURNE on February 03, 2015, 08:23:40 AM
Rutgers:

141  #7 Anthony Ashnault
149  #17 Ken Theobold
157  #20 Anthony Perotti
174  #17 Phil Bakukas
285  #18 Billy Smith

Thieke is going to upset ashnault!

BOURNE

No question Thielke could do that.

badgerjohn

Bucky wins 8 with home field advantage

Go bold or go home  :o
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

npope

Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

wrestle03

What would honestly make anyone think that Thielke can pull the upset over Ashnault?  Do they have any previous matchups?  Would be a very nice and needed win against a quality opponent.

dad 2 5

Quote from: wrestle03 on February 03, 2015, 03:13:50 PM
What would honestly make anyone think that Thielke can pull the upset over Ashnault?  Do they have any previous matchups?  Would be a very nice and needed win against a quality opponent.

Daaaaa - because every thread has to come around to JT or DP vs. BD :)

dad 2 5

Badgers should match up well, 22-16 maybe if JJ wrestles 25. Could be a 19-19 if not.

aarons23

Thielke is capable up pulling this upset off...good to see someone give him done credit and have faith.....but of course the usual suspect will come back with negativity.   Go Jesse.....go Badgers.

Here's a great quote from Alex Dieringer....

"I had been working my whole life to be an NCAA champion," he said. "To accomplish that goal was an amazing feeling. It's one of the top pinnacles in wrestling."

Dieringer said he started wrestling at the Ringers Wrestling Club as a second-grader in Wisconsin. When he joined the club, a young wrestler named Jesse Thielke was already a force at the youth level.

Thielke won a Junior World bronze medal in 2012 and placed eighth at the Senior World Championships in Greco-Roman wrestling in 2013. He wrestles collegiately at Wisconsin.

"Being around Jesse helped me a lot," Dieringer said. "I got my butt whooped by him for years. He made me so much better. I wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for him. Jesse and his dad have been big factors in what I've accomplished."
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

billymurphy

There is nothing wrong with talking about Thielke.
Dieringer, Sueflohn and Thielke have been the most talked about Wisconsin
wrestlers for many years now as they are a rare group of extremely talented Wisconsin athletes.
Of course we are all interested in how Theilke does against 141  #7 Anthony Ashnault.
People talk about Dieringer and Thielke because we care,
and we would
be talking about Sueflohn a lot too if he were not hurt and redshirting this season.
So, quit saying it is offensive/negative to talk about Thielke when
that is who people in Wisconsin are cheering for.  If Thielke catches
fire, the crowds to go watch the Badgers live would double. 
There is an awesome video on You Tube that shows Thielke hit
a perfect headlock last year at the Big Ten Tournament. Hard not to watch it more than once.

Briopiate

If I were at 141 this year and not one go the top ranked 3-4 guys;  Jessie would not be one of the unranked wrestlers I would choose to face...

TLV

Quote from: leg turk on February 03, 2015, 08:27:04 AM
Quote from: BOURNE on February 03, 2015, 08:23:40 AM
Rutgers:

141  #7 Anthony Ashnault
149  #17 Ken Theobold
157  #20 Anthony Perotti
174  #17 Phil Bakukas
285  #18 Billy Smith

Thieke is going to upset ashnault!

No, I don't think that he will. I've seen Ashnault wrestle this year and I suspect that he will swarm all over JT. No upset.
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Huckfinn

Billy Smith is able to stick with excellent wrestlers at HWT.  He's about as good as 10 guys rated ahead of him.

Conner Medberry will likely win solidly, but an upset is on radar screen.  A faint blip.