Eight grade class

Started by Redeemer, March 24, 2022, 07:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk12175

I think Arrowhead and Marshfield have a lot of returning talent too.  Stoughton and Holmen are graduating a good number of wrestlers.  Be interesting to see how they reload.

tigerking

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 29, 2022, 11:57:44 AM
Quote from: Redeemer on March 29, 2022, 11:30:06 AM
Quote from: tigerking on March 29, 2022, 08:54:54 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on March 28, 2022, 07:36:18 AM
Marathon had 6 8th graders at state. They went 24-9 as a team at state including 2 state champs.

Marathon is going to make a push to dethrone the tigers in the Marawood next year. Auburndale seems to have some youth also coming up through their Middle School.

Yes Sir. I think Stratford has enough strength returning to defend the Marawood, a pretty good junior class with Ormond, Becker, Mueller, Greenberg, and a couple others.. and some strong freshmen returning with a maybe a couple 8th graders coming in.

Fennimore may have some good 8th graders coming in to make themselves pretty clear favorites in D3 with most of their talent returning.

KK seems to be pretty clear favorites in D1 next season with their returning talent and incoming talent, not sure who will be #2 behind them, as a lot of talent graduated from the other teams.
Agree to disagree.

What will effect Marathon is how their weights all shake out. Quaintance and Underwood could end up at the same weight. Stencil and Dodson will be at similar weights. Poppe and Werner may both end up at 285.

KK returns a good portion of their team and their Middle School Program was incredible this year.

Redeemer

Quote from: tigerking on March 30, 2022, 05:15:00 AM
Marathon had 6 8th graders at state. They went 24-9 as a team at state including 2 state champs.

Marathon is going to make a push to dethrone the tigers in the Marawood next year. Auburndale seems to have some youth also coming up through their Middle School.

Yes Sir. I think Stratford has enough strength returning to defend the Marawood, a pretty good junior class with Ormond, Becker, Mueller, Greenberg, and a couple others.. and some strong freshmen returning with a maybe a couple 8th graders coming in.

Fennimore may have some good 8th graders coming in to make themselves pretty clear favorites in D3 with most of their talent returning.

KK seems to be pretty clear favorites in D1 next season with their returning talent and incoming talent, not sure who will be #2 behind them, as a lot of talent graduated from the other teams.
Agree to disagree.

What will effect Marathon is how their weights all shake out. Quaintance and Underwood could end up at the same weight. Stencil and Dodson will be at similar weights. Poppe and Werner may both end up at 285.

KK returns a good portion of their team and their Middle School Program was incredible this year.

Yes Sir, I think Werner lost to stratford guy at regionals, and would have had Krautkramer at 106 with other lightweights coming in (Underwood and Quantaince). The fact that Marathon and Stratford can go either way is definitely exciting for the Marathon crew. I'd still pick Stratford in that one, without knowing how kids are growing, etc.

tigerking

Quote from: rmk12175 on March 29, 2022, 07:57:34 PM
I think Arrowhead and Marshfield have a lot of returning talent too.  Stoughton and Holmen are graduating a good number of wrestlers.  Be interesting to see how they reload.

Stoughton will reload in my opinion. Great program that was doubted all year this year and found a way to make a run to the state semi-finals. Wisconsin Rapids will also be in the mix to make a run at a team state title. They have a great MS program with a good amount of wrestlers returning to the line up.

statman

Keep an eye on Luxemburg casco. They have won middle school state the last 3 years in a row
they don't call me statman for nothin

ObsessedObserver

Quote from: Armdrag on March 24, 2022, 09:20:38 AM
One of the top 8th graders in State this year will not be competing in Madison this year...............he will be competing in Estonia this weekend

two of the top 8th graders in the state actually! studs!

Scramble_king

Agree to disagree.

You never know with Stratford, they could have some kids transfer in. Seems like they get pretty fortunate in that department....

tigerking

Quote from: Scramble_king on April 01, 2022, 11:19:16 AM

Agree to disagree.

You never know with Stratford, they could have some kids transfer in. Seems like they get pretty fortunate in that department....
Someone seems jealous. Don't be afraid to call out the other schools that are getting transfers. Maybe some of these Marathon kids will become future Tigers!