Who is still undefeated

Started by statman, January 07, 2020, 06:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Quote from: knighthead on January 12, 2020, 06:54:08 PM
According to Trackwrestling Nicolar Rivera has 4 losses.  I believe medical forfeits, etc are considered losses. Don't necessarily agree , but it's always been that way.

Was wondering if those would count as losses. I'm guessing (totally guessing) they are not loses. BUT they don't really matter. 0 or 4... He's for real.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Wis-Mallard

Wasley lost to Saint in finals at Merrill, tied 4-4 in middle of third period but ended up losing 8-4.

MatScoutWillie

Quote from: emmitmac on January 12, 2020, 07:26:53 PM
Corrigan got pinned by Polanco this weekend. Undefeated no more.

Where is Polanco from?  And where did this happen at?

bigoil

Quote from: MatScoutWillie on January 13, 2020, 08:07:30 AM

Saturday at the Cutler Classic.

thequad

Worachek has 1 loss to MN wrestler!
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

wrastle63

missinghome

According to track wrestling 195 Kale Hopke from Amery lost to Connor Westfall of Athens 8-4 at the New Richmond on Saturday.

shouldvewrestled

According to Trackwrestling Nicolar Rivera has 4 losses.  I believe medical forfeits, etc are considered losses. Don't necessarily agree , but it's always been that way.

It's only considered a loss on Track.  Come regionals those will not count on his record unless they were injury default.  If you do not step on the mat you do not get a loss on your official record. Unless something has changed I'm not aware or unless it counts if he didn't injury default prior to the match forget the wording in the rule book.  I still say come regionals they will enter it as 0 losses on the season.

ramjet

Quote from: MatScoutWillie on January 13, 2020, 08:07:30 AM

Yup he hit a good move Corrigan was out of position and was turned to his back with over a minute left he fought hard to get off his back but Polanco had it tight....

thequad

Quote from: wrastle63 on January 13, 2020, 12:20:44 PM
Quote from: thequad on January 13, 2020, 12:13:56 PM
Is he undefeated?
This is Reece Worachek, at 182. And yes he is still undefeated!

wrastle63

Quote from: thequad on January 14, 2020, 11:20:55 AM
Is he undefeated?
Reece Worachek (30-1) Obviously not....

thequad

Quote from: wrastle63 on January 14, 2020, 11:25:12 AM
Quote from: thequad on January 14, 2020, 11:20:55 AM
Is he undefeated? I meant undefeated by Wi. wrestlers! Sorry.
Reece Worachek (30-1) Obviously not....

400excracer

Drew Ries from Beloit Turner is now 10-0.

mrv

Quote from: TomM on January 12, 2020, 09:02:18 PM

Was wondering if those would count as losses. I'm guessing (totally guessing) they are not loses. BUT they don't really matter. 0 or 4... He's for real.

Counts as a loss if you are in an individual tournament due to advancement.  In a dual or dual tournament would not count as a loss.

downtown

They do not count as losses if you have to medically withdraw out of a tournament.  If he didn't start the match it isn't a loss.  If he did start the match and couldn't continue the match then it is a loss.

Also, LOL do you really think that it is going through kids and coaches heads......" man our kid is really sick/injured but we really need to keep his loses down to protect the record, so go wrestle kid we can't medically forfeit."  Because if that is what you are insinuating then that is really dumb.  Kids are there to wrestle not protect records.  The top teams and kids aren't afraid to lose matches that's why they go to tough tournaments.  It isn't about being the champion of the tree top open wrestled in nowhere UP Michigan with a perfect 5-0 record.  It's about qualifying for state, placing at state or winning state.  Kids with those goals don't care about the losses.  It's about the end result.