Who would you put on the Mount Rushmore of wrestling?

Started by TomM, June 15, 2015, 10:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigG

Quote from: ElectricGuy on June 19, 2015, 01:17:06 PM
Quote from: bigG on June 19, 2015, 01:02:12 PM
Pro

Da Crusher
Barron von Raschke
Ivan Potski
Verne Gagne
(Verne was a stud in college, too).

No Maurice "Mad Dog" Vachon ???

I met him. He owns a bar in Omaha and my bro and I went in to meet da Mad Dog. Missing a leg from a car accident. Still lookin' good.  :) You know what I mean. He should be the only face on pro wrestling Mt. Rushmore. ;D Seeing him scratch that guy's belly in the intros. Always got you ready to seem some rasslin'.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bigG

I guess mad Dog would have to replace Potski. I just have a favoritism for Ivan. The cut off long johns, the big ole sausage, kind got to my soft side. ;) Mad Dog it is. Maybe Dick the Bruiser, too. That was when wrestling was REAL.

imnofish

My cousin and I loved watching this guy, back when we were kids.  Big Moose Cholak was very famous in his day.  Maybe he should also be considered.   ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l6_g7GkkKE

I actually thought he was deceased, until he resurfaced in New Jersey.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

ougiqbxy

Pro

Da Crusher
Barron von Raschke
Ivan Potski
Verne Gagne

How could a pro Mt Rushmore not contain Ed "The Strangler" Lewis from Nekoosa, WI?

Vern Gagne himself has said that  Lewis was the greatest wrestler ever and could only be beat when he allowed himself to be beat. He was part of The Gold Dust trio which came up with undercards instead of just one match shows.  He also is the creator of the sleeper hold.  Enough said.
"One man isn't any better than another, not because they are equal, but because they are intrinsically other, that there is no term of comparison."

Rupert Birkin in "Women in Love" by D. H. Lawrence

bigG

Quote from: ougiqbxy on July 08, 2015, 09:55:44 PM
Pro

Da Crusher
Barron von Raschke
Ivan Potski
Verne Gagne

How could a pro Mt Rushmore not contain Ed "The Strangler" Lewis from Nekoosa, WI?

Vern Gagne himself has said that  Lewis was the greatest wrestler ever and could only be beat when he allowed himself to be beat. He was part of The Gold Dust trio which came up with undercards instead of just one match shows.  He also is the creator of the sleeper hold.  Enough said.

A true stud in the pro ranks by any stretch. The sleeper (or stranglehold) has become an icon, mutilated by that cretin Greg Gagne. Takes more than just one move, though. It's about perceived toughness and a mean voice. Many might argue for Jim Duncan, The Anvil or Nick Bockwinkel. All true greats, to be sure. We're talking having faces carved into a mountain, though.

I'm stickin' with my picks!!!

littleguy301

Quote from: TomM on June 18, 2015, 08:53:11 AM
How about a "Wisconsin Wrestling" Mt. Rushmore?

There has to be 2 mountains

One for the wrestlers and one for the people that have made wrestling better.

for the ones making wrestling better

Tom M for the forum
Shane S so I can watch wrestling any time!!!!!
Woody for his work at making state awesome

How about that?

Also, we could have a silo for FESTER. Plus that is where he belongs on a silo anyways ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet