--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ramjet

I just received a call back from Representative Mursau this morning. He said;

"My staff researched the bill and contacted the author of the bill and I did as well. The Author of the bill has also been receiving calls with concerns as to how this could impact Wrestling at all levels. We know they are working on the drafts to eliminate those areas that would negativey impact youth and high school off season wrestling to fix the issues. I will also follow up with him next week to make sure things are going in that direction."

I want to thank Representative Mursau for his quick and timely response as well as his understanding of the situation he is definitely one of the good guys.

maggie

Rammy, what's the deal?...anything yet ....thanks, let us know
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ramjet

They are changing language to fix the issue what more do you need to know? As stated above the not only the Lawmakers that we contacted but the Author was also contacted and is aware of the issue and taking steps to repair the bill.

woody53

First I want to apologize for my rudness and my comments on "Canned Answers". While I have not talked to my Representative direct, I did receive a message back from Rep. Considine's office. I feel that our Wrestling community made a big difference here. Well done everyone.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

ramjet

Quote from: woody53 on March 17, 2015, 06:18:45 AM
First I want to apologize for my rudness and my comments on "Canned Answers". While I have not talked to my Representative direct, I did receive a message back from Rep. Considine's office. I feel that our Wrestling community made a big difference here. Well done everyone.

I did not feel you were in anyway rude ......... frustrated.....yes.......concerned....yes.

My Rep called me back and his office was buzzing around this because of calls. You made us aware of this issue thank you.

woody53

Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Mitch Hull

Dave McCarthy and I have both talked with the staff for Rep Kuglitsch and have been informed that the author of AB 76 has been made aware of the concern regarding wrestling and wrestling WILL NOT be included in AB 76. If anything would change we would be notified. We were informed that the Bill has actually been put on hold in the committee and that if anything were to change on this regarding wrestling (highly unlikely) we would be contacted.

Rep Kuglitsch was the person that sponsored the State Resolution in the summer of 2013 in support of keeping wrestling in the Olympic Games. The concensus was if AB 76 passed, with wrestling included, the Bill would do more damage to wrestling in the State of Wisconsin than losing wrestling in the Olympics.

Thanks to everyone that communicated with Representitives as they heard AND listened. Leadership in the WWF, USA Wrestling and the WWCA were all concerned and were working on this as well as parents, coaches and fans.

GREAT Job everyone!
Mitch Hull

ScreamingNorwegian

I complain about government all the time, all parties, but obviously the system worked here. They answered my email quickly and with a real answer. Good work to all who contacted representatives, and thanks to the legislators for listening!

Dale Einerson

Pretty impressive response, thanks to you that wrote and/or called.

Now, those of you on the wolf hunt thread, 50 pages and nothing resolved...all that activity and no accomplishment!

bigG

Agreement to disagree is an accomplishment. That's what both parties call "progress."
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Kodonnelllaw

Quote from: woody53 on March 11, 2015, 05:35:27 AM
Sorry if I stir something that is nothing. But that is a new Bill AB 76, that changes the verbage from "MMA" to "Unarmed Combat Sports". Wrestling is considered a Unarmed Combat Sport. There are excemptions for amaetuer wrestling, but the verbage talks about primary, secondary and collegient competition. Does this put Club competition and Private training Centers in a bind. The verbage, if I read it right, would require a Licensed Promoter. And Licensed Doctor, and Licensed Officials on site and conducting the competition. This was brought to my attention by another wrestler. Depending on how they receive compensation, as a Club or a Training Center also is what is brought to question.
Do you think it will be a problem? Is it another Bill that is being presented blind to most involved?

Added by Administration:
Consider Contacting
Mike Kuglitsch
R- New Berlin Dis. 84
608-267-5158
888-534-0084
Rep.Kuglitsch@legis.wisconsin.gov
He wrestled in college at Whitewater in early 80's.

Note: Thanks to Woody 53 for bringing this to the forum.

Ghetto

I sent an email to Kuglitsch. Hope to hear back.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigoil

Throwing around your UWW alum status!

ramjet

Quote from: Dale Einerson on March 17, 2015, 09:18:29 AM
Pretty impressive response, thanks to you that wrote and/or called.

Now, those of you on the wolf hunt thread, 50 pages and nothing resolved...all that activity and no accomplishment!

This is important  that was a relief valve....ie bantering.