wiaa carry - in policy

Started by Wrestle up, February 26, 2014, 09:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrestle up

Is there a new carry - in policy this year. I see it says no video recorders. This wasn't a problem last year, they even looked in my camera bag.

HSWrestling

When I talked to Todd Clark at WIAA, he said personal video cameras should be fine (not on mono or tripod).  We also talked about camera lenses.  I have a zoom lens that I use, but am not a professional photographer.  According to the sheet of prohibited items, it should not go in.  He asked if it looked like the one in the picture and I said no.  I did not get much for an answer for why I could take it in last year and not this year.  I asked him to review the policy since it seems a bit much!  I also said it would go with me into the Center because I don't want my son to be a speck on my photos.  Did anyone else call to ask about video cameras or lenses?

HSWrestling

He did say WIAA was following the UW carry in policy.  I just found that and it says that cameras are permitted and does not specify a size.  Interesting!

SP

On the WIAA web page it says something about the the size of the zoom on the cameras. My guess is that as long as it is less than what is stated you would be good to go.
Anti-Inclusion Mafia