Shrimp stuffing-dip-patties

Started by ramjet, December 12, 2013, 08:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

So I was playing around Monday and came up with this little delight.

Take cooked shrimp remove the shells and tails put them in the food processor. 1/2 Lb

Add in the following:

1/3-1/2 package of Pepperoni.
1/3 of a sweet onion.
1 stalk finely chopped celery.
2 table spoons of virgin olive oil.
6 grape tomatoes.
1 cup shredded favorite cheese ( I like half mozzarella and half cheddar)
Pulse chop the contents season to fast and eat on crackers use as a stuffing for stuffed peppers etc. Everything is cooked so it can be consumed as is or cooked as per below.

(this is optional if you want to make fried shrimp patties) 1/2 cup of Panco Bread Crumbs. Then form into patties and fry till you have nice crust on both sides serve on bread or eat as is with squeeze of fresh lemon.

(this is optional if you want to make a really tasty dip.)add in cream cheese and mix to the consistency that you like this is just great add pinch of horseradish, worchesteshire and dash of tabasco as you mix do not forget the fresh squeezed lime juice for zing.

This all takes longer to gather the ingredients than it does to make.  You can sub s blender if you do not have food processor but pulse it the idea is not to liquify this just chop it up.

Heck experiment this is safe and easy to mess with.

bigG

Sounds really good. I would think the key, if any, is to start with good shrimp. I think shrimp that's been pre-cooked with no shell tastes like bleach.

Also, please don't think you're doing planet earth any favors by purchasing farm shrimp (Thailand, Costa Rica). The best are from the Gulf of Mexico; and are much more envirocool than any farm. Let nature make the dang food.

I love the sound of this snack, tough.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

Just one of those things I just did it and then twisted it to get the patties and the cream cheese dip and it really tasty.

So simple food processor is one tool in our kitchen I would be lost without.

If you try let me know what you think.

bigG

I don't even own a food processor, aside from a little dinky Osterizer. I really enjoy working with knives, mortar and pestle, etc. I'm a little dumb that way. I'd rather chop up a bunch of stuff, and then sharpen the knife I used in 15 minutes, what I could have done in 5 with a processor. I'd rather sharpen a knife for 5 minutes then clean out a food processor in 2. Kinda like you love guns; I love knives. Got a few my buddies think look like murder weapons that I use regularly (for much more boring purposes).

ramjet

I hate cleaning the Food processor as well thats why lovely wife does it if i cook she has no issue with the cleaning part........lol well that I know of!

Another thing about this recipe is that you can eat that stuffing as is on crackers because everything is cooked it is great on those Triscuts under the broiler with cheese melted over them.

bigG