Kids regional Totals

Started by Tews19, March 22, 2015, 02:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tews19

The numbers provided come from Trackwrestling. Each regional had over 300 plus participants. Mineral Point did not give detailed numbers so the totals are not including that regional site.

Westby-436
Wilmot-335
Middleton- 521
Lakeland-509
Bay Port- 499
Mineral Point-???
Merrill-540
River Falls-572

Total for the 7 given sites is 3412. Pretty impressive number IMO. I didn't feel like spending the time to count the total amount of wrestlers for Mineral Point. Sorry about that.

Good luck to those wrestlers at State next weekend!!!

Hyde

I heard there was around 550 at mp

kneeslide

1Iota

I remember when the SE regional had over 600 kids just a few years ago.  My guess is the numbers were hurt by having Wilmot as the host.  Wilmot HS is almost on the Illinois border & there is now major expressway nearby. 

wraslfan

Quote from: 1Iota on March 23, 2015, 10:21:37 AM
I remember when the SE regional had over 600 kids just a few years ago.  My guess is the numbers were hurt by having Wilmot as the host.  Wilmot HS is almost on the Illinois border & there is now major expressway nearby. 
No hotels in the immediate area probably didn't help attract those who wanted to travel to a different regional.  I also think it has to do with the depth of talent in the area.  At a number of weights, it was pretty clear (to me anyway) who was going to make it out of this regional in the 2000-2001 class.  I don't think there were many surprises, which may be why some chose to go elsewhere for a chance to make it. JMO.

the mayor

I find something very interesting.  If you have 25 kids in a bracket, you take two kids out of the regional.  If you have two kids in a bracket you take two kids out.  What has happened to the offset for larger brackets?  Sixteen 2, 24 3, 30 4.   :o
The Mayor
If you can catch the chicken Rock, you can catch Creed.

aarons23

Quote from: the mayor on March 25, 2015, 02:14:11 PM
I find something very interesting.  If you have 25 kids in a bracket, you take two kids out of the regional.  If you have two kids in a bracket you take two kids out.  What has happened to the offset for larger brackets?  Sixteen 2, 24 3, 30 4.   :o

No way would that work...you could end up with more than 16 in a bracket at state. 
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

bigoil

When was there and offset for larger brackets?

the mayor

So you pig-tail them in if they are in 3 or 4 position.
The Mayor
If you can catch the chicken Rock, you can catch Creed.

RollTide

Before we had a kids folkstyle state tourney, the state tourney was freestyle.  There were regionals, and the number of qualifiers was based on the number of wrestlers in the bracket.  So the bracket size at state could vary greatly. 

I'm not suggesting that we go back to that as I think it would make it confusing to many.  I remember spending a lot of time trying to explain how the brackets worked.