Any Studs Changing Weights????

Started by MatScoutWillie, February 04, 2024, 08:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bud

One change. I think years ago D-2 and D-3 wrestled with the winner going against the D-1 Champ. Round robin would be the way to go there.
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie!

Chuck

Loved the 1 division back in my day.
Although at present day (IMO) I feel D1 would dominate the podium. Are there some D2 & D3 kids that would make it to the top? Absolutely.
My reason being there are many more D1 student athletes that can specialize in 1 sport without jeopardizing numbers for other sports. If student athletes in a division 3 school did that, some sports would not exist due to lack of numbers. Most of the D3 kids are involved in 3 and in some cases 4 sports.
D2 I feel falls in the middle. Just my opinion.
(BTW, This topic belongs in a different thread)

rankwizard

Quote from: Chuck on February 15, 2024, 12:22:25 PMLoved the 1 division back in my day.
Although at present day (IMO) I feel D1 would dominate the podium. Are there some D2 & D3 kids that would make it to the top? Absolutely.
My reason being there are many more D1 student athletes that can specialize in 1 sport without jeopardizing numbers for other sports. If student athletes in a division 3 school did that, some sports would not exist due to lack of numbers. Most of the D3 kids are involved in 3 and in some cases 4 sports.
D2 I feel falls in the middle. Just my opinion.
(BTW, This topic belongs in a different thread)

Not dominate

MatScoutWillie

Quote from: bud on February 15, 2024, 10:15:03 AMRound robin the 3 State Champs at all the weights for a Grand Champion like they did back in the day!!

That would be pretty cool. 

whatever

Quote from: MatScoutWillie on February 14, 2024, 02:31:04 PM
Quote from: thats2! on February 14, 2024, 07:41:54 AM
Quote from: MatScoutWillie on February 13, 2024, 08:54:36 PM
Quote from: VQOriginal on February 13, 2024, 01:33:40 PMOR, one big state tournament. ;D

1 Division would be the best!!!
Not saying I agree or disagree with you just wanting to hear some thoughts on why 1 division would be the best for this sport?

1 champ per weight class would be awesome.  Make each bracket 32 man.  I think that would be best for competitors, fans and the sports excitement.

I don't want to hear, what's best for the sport.  The sport is what it is and always will be.  With the clubs emergence, the gap has widened and will continue to widen. 

You want to grow the sport?  Start with the WIAA and the coaches association.  They have the power. 

Name one kid at 215 in D2 or D3 who has a chance to win a title if he would want Aedon Sinclair thrown into his weight class.

99% of the competitors are just fine with 3 divisions.
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

hutgoose

VQOriginal

Quote from: rankwizard on February 08, 2024, 10:00:40 AMI pick Dennee at 165 over Crook

I don't even have Crook making the state finals.

This aged well.

harley25

Quote from: whatever on February 19, 2024, 02:18:12 PM
Quote from: MatScoutWillie on February 14, 2024, 02:31:04 PM
Quote from: thats2! on February 14, 2024, 07:41:54 AM
Quote from: MatScoutWillie on February 13, 2024, 08:54:36 PM
Quote from: VQOriginal on February 13, 2024, 01:33:40 PMOR, one big state tournament. ;D

1 Division would be the best!!!
Not saying I agree or disagree with you just wanting to hear some thoughts on why 1 division would be the best for this sport?

1 champ per weight class would be awesome.  Make each bracket 32 man.  I think that would be best for competitors, fans and the sports excitement.

I don't want to hear, what's best for the sport.  The sport is what it is and always will be.  With the clubs emergence, the gap has widened and will continue to widen. 

You want to grow the sport?  Start with the WIAA and the coaches association.  They have the power. 

Name one kid at 215 in D2 or D3 who has a chance to win a title if he would want Aedon Sinclair thrown into his weight class.

99% of the competitors are just fine with 3 divisions.

Name ONE kid in DI "who has a chance to win a title if he would want Aedon Sinclair thrown into his weight class"

rankwizard

Quote from: VQOriginal on February 25, 2024, 01:20:03 PM
Quote from: rankwizard on February 08, 2024, 10:00:40 AMI pick Dennee at 165 over Crook

I don't even have Crook making the state finals.

This aged well.

well, thank you. I figured you would find it amusing. Liam wrestled great