Zack Anglin

Started by wrestle84, February 22, 2015, 06:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestle84

http://www.northlandsnewscenter.com/sports/Washburns-Anglin-Plays-on-Despite-Disability--228117451.html

Congrats to Zack on qualifying for the state tournament. What an accomplishment for you and the Bayfield/ Washburn wrestling team. I know the team has struggled with numbers over the years. Hopefully this will be a big boost for the program. I don't think people realize how difficult it is for kids and parents in extreme northern Wisconsin. There is no Ringers or Advanced wrestling school minutes away. Lots of travel to get to youth and high school meets. None of the other teams in the Indianhead conference, of which Bayfield and Washburn are members, have a wrestling team, so they either compete against schools with much larger enrollments or travel a long ways to compete against schools there own size.

maggie

Congrats to him, what wt...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

eagleeye

He is at 106. He beat Webb from Spring Valley/Elmwood and Maresca from Cameron yesterday. This cat is quick and hard to hang on to.
Live long and prosper

aarons23

What a great story! Thanks for sharing.  What weight is this young man.  I definitely will be cheering for him.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

maggie

me too, nice to see... :)....

half-lb-over

Congratulations.  He must be an extremely hard working and dedicated individual. 

maggie

84, ya just elevated the young man to the most popular wrestler in the state!   ;) ...and I'm sure all eyes will be watching his matches all weekend...

wrestle84

Ghetto

The young man was trending on Twitter nationally for a bit yesterday.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove