Is conference tournament in two separate gyms?

Started by Mack, February 02, 2015, 07:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mack

I just heard this today.  Can someone confirm?  Also, will there be room in one gym for the entire crowd during the finals?  I have elderly parents, and I'm not sure a standing room only type of situation will work for them.  Thanks for any info you can share.

TOMMY-2-TONE

Yes, two gyms. Session 1 starts at 9:30-12:15.gym #1 all 106,113,120,126,132,138,145 Gym #2 all 152,160,170,182,195,220,285.. Gym #1 is the west gym or called the pit.  Lunch12:15-1:00. Finals at 5:30 in gym #1. Should be plenty of room. Don't park in the fire lane, curb area along side walk going into the school. Milton Police will write you a ticket. Track wrestling will be used, but bout sheets will be used at tables and results will be keyed in soon after the match. There will be monitors with up coming matches. I hope everybody has a great day as the people behind this are really trying to pull off the best tourney ever. Thanks Stoughton and Wausau West for be great hosts in the jv tourney. Remember that were all volunteers trying to promote a sport we all love. T-2-t 
It`s better to go fishing and think about God, than go to church and think about fishing!

ElectricGuy

Yep and yep

Fun fun

Personally I would be all for Fort or Wanakee hosting every year in their field houses
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

Mack

Troy Grindle

Quote from: ElectricGuy on February 02, 2015, 08:23:29 PM
Yep and yep

Fun fun

Personally I would be all for Fort or Wanakee hosting every year in their field houses

It does make it a lot easier when it is in a large field house like Waunakee or fort.  Baraboo did a great job with it last year though and people were nervous about seating there.
And then there was that.

Mack

Quote from: ElectricGuy on February 02, 2015, 08:23:29 PM
Yep and yep

Fun fun

Yes.  Fort and Waunakee have enviable facilities.  Lucky suckers.  Please don't rail on me Fort and Waunakee posters.  I like to kid.  I don't really think you're suckers at all.  But, maybe a little lucky.  Unless that offends, then you're not lucky either.  :)

boowrestle

1st thanks for the compliment on how the tourney went last yr in barabĂ´.personally I hate the idea of 2 gyms but I luv the small gym attmosher for the finals.nothing better than a bunch of excited wrestling fans cheering right on top of the mats.good luck to everybody.o
you can run but you cannot hide.

ElectricGuy

I was hoping my Milton friends wouldn't get too upset with that, but I wouldn't want it at Stoughton either for that same reason as Boo - all in one gym.   It was a little tight at Baraboo - but it worked.

I do like the old gyms - Baraboo / Milton / Sauk  - but Baraboo has to be able to seat at least 700 + more than Milton?   When we get down to one gym..

Mack I can't believe your calling out those tax payers as suckers!   ;)

We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

miltonfan#1

It will be a tight fit in the pit for finals... but great atmosphere in the gym
I dont mean to be mean but thats all i can be                                      ymcmb

Mack

Call it like I see it, Electric Guy.  JK.  That was nonsense.   :)

I know Milton has a great following, so I am sure there will be plenty of volunteers to help make it go smoothly.  I am glad the finals are being broadcast, good option for my elderly parents, if they do choose to stay home.

I have no memories of it being tight at Baraboo last year.  I only remember that it was very exciting.  Which means it must have worked out great, and Baraboo did an awesome job too.

DustinFox

We have been working very hard the last few months on setting this up the best way possible. We know it's not the most ideal location but it's probably  going to be the last chance we get and we feel like we can make it work. We will be live streaming the matches and have brought in new bleachers for the fans in gym #2. I'm hoping out of respect that people would give up their lower  seats for the elderly but you can always approach me or one of the volunteer staff and we will do our best to find them a spot. We are hoping for an electric day of wrestling and hope everyone enjoys it as well.

Mack

Thanks for that information DustinFox.  That live stream is so awesome.  I'm sure it'll be a great day.

badg.conf.fan

I heard today that they will be live streaming matches on the wall in each gym from the other gym, that way nobody misses any matches!? Is this true?  Also, I do like the idea of fort and waunakee hosting every other year! Makes it a lot easier on us spectators instead of constantly running from gym to gym all day! I can't imagine having 2 kids on the team and them both being in different gyms and having to miss one!

Mack

Quote from: TOMMY-2-TONE on February 02, 2015, 08:20:55 PM
Yes, two gyms. Session 1 starts at 9:30-12:15.gym #1 all 106,113,120,126,132,138,145 Gym #2 all 152,160,170,182,195,220,285.. Gym #1 is the west gym or called the pit.  Lunch12:15-1:00. Finals at 5:30 in gym #1. Should be plenty of room. Don't park in the fire lane, curb area along side walk going into the school. Milton Police will write you a ticket. Track wrestling will be used, but bout sheets will be used at tables and results will be keyed in soon after the match. There will be monitors with up coming matches. I hope everybody has a great day as the people behind this are really trying to pull off the best tourney ever. Thanks Stoughton and Wausau West for be great hosts in the jv tourney. Remember that were all volunteers trying to promote a sport we all love. T-2-t 

Thanks again for these details.  Could you please confirm that the tourney starts at 9:30?  I have been told elsewhere that it starts at 10:00.  Thanks a lot.

boowrestle

Coaches meeting(seeding meeting) starts at 8:30 wrestling should start  pretty much right after conclusion of meeting.
you can run but you cannot hide.