Federal Court-wolf hunting ends now

Started by maggie, December 19, 2014, 07:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

Quote from: ramjet on February 18, 2015, 01:43:36 PM
a state needs to be able to manage thier wildlife and resources just like we manage coyote and Bobcats and deer the carrying capacity numbers were set and any time the wolf is removed and anyone wants to manage them the liberal extremists scream and file a civil litigation. They do this even though nobody is interested in "wiping out" the wolf just managin them with tools they use to manage all the other predators.

I'm with you, Ram. Honest to God. But it was Con extremists who made the whole hunt happen. I can see why bear hunters, like a friend we have on the forum, would push hard to pass a wolf hunt/trap. Can't blame them one bit. I honestly believe that, had they waited for this year's DNR addendum, we'd be okay to do all that. I hate the politics every bit as much as you do. This is what happens when politics replaces science; on BOTH ends. The Plan Team was poised to recommend the hunt/trap. Just by fiscal measures; it makes sense. Anyone who has seen the poaching evidence can see it's really a non-factor in the wolf world. People sweat the fines. That's why we have laws. The $100, or whatever I paid, for my trout, put that little fear into my head. I doubt you or goat are some nasty poachers. You're decent guys, I'd bet. Goat, ya gotta understand that that post was somewhat incriminating; or , more appropriately, probable cause.

\Like we agree. The hunt/trap will happen. Just tangled up in political twine.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

Quote from: maggie on February 18, 2015, 02:33:31 PM
personally rammy, and first of all, the state has already proven over many years that they have no clue as how to manage our States Resources much less our Wildlife... i don't like nor do trust the states APPOINTED people managing these types of things, No matter who appointed them!  more so now with an APPOINTED out of state texan in charge of our Wis deer herd!...why would anyone put trust in that?  ::)  or even want to see them being able to manage it?..what we need is an a non-partisan board to oversea all the daily actives without the all might state getting involved...maybe they would agree that we need to thin things down, who knows?....but to simply have it said and done by people who have no real idea about wildlife to begin with is just plain stupid!...and yes, there are all kind of people who were POLITICAL APPOINTED and sat on that DNR board who had absolutely No idea about wildlife..as a matter of fact, i happen to know a funeral director quite well who was appointed a few yrs back under Tommy...and he will be the first to admit, he really had no prior understanding abut the states wildlife situation..now,thats as bad as it gets... >:(

Nope your analysis is pure BS and allot like the prediction on political elections just plain WRONG.

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on February 18, 2015, 05:48:42 PM
Quote from: ramjet on February 18, 2015, 01:43:36 PM
a state needs to be able to manage thier wildlife and resources just like we manage coyote and Bobcats and deer the carrying capacity numbers were set and any time the wolf is removed and anyone wants to manage them the liberal extremists scream and file a civil litigation. They do this even though nobody is interested in "wiping out" the wolf just managin them with tools they use to manage all the other predators.

I'm with you, Ram. Honest to God. But it was Con extremists who made the whole hunt happen. I can see why bear hunters, like a friend we have on the forum, would push hard to pass a wolf hunt/trap. Can't blame them one bit. I honestly believe that, had they waited for this year's DNR addendum, we'd be okay to do all that. I hate the politics every bit as much as you do. This is what happens when politics replaces science; on BOTH ends. The Plan Team was poised to recommend the hunt/trap. Just by fiscal measures; it makes sense. Anyone who has seen the poaching evidence can see it's really a non-factor in the wolf world. People sweat the fines. That's why we have laws. The $100, or whatever I paid, for my trout, put that little fear into my head. I doubt you or goat are some nasty poachers. You're decent guys, I'd bet. Goat, ya gotta understand that that post was somewhat incriminating; or , more appropriately, probable cause.

\Like we agree. The hunt/trap will happen. Just tangled up in political twine.

First off for,you even use me in your poaching conversation is complete crap and you are full to the eye balls I was not part of that never POSTED ONE STINKING THING IN REFERENCE TO IT other than poke fun at you guys for being so mellow dramatic. Second the wolf population was above the carrying capacity from the original plan you read it so the way to control it is a hunt.

Every single time the wolf is delisted and control given to the state a legal action is filed. The Humane Society is solidly behind this.

A see with you G it comes down to us vs them you an d Magpie two peas in a pod blah blah blah liberal vs conservative even though this has nothing absolutely nothing to do with that it is State being able to a mange the animal population through conservation which includes hunting and or trapping just like Bobcats coyotes, martins, and so on.

By the way magpie you think the government is doing so well with amazing things? Yea they are doing great massive debt and ObamaCare has destroyed our healthcare in this country. Nice you are so confident or is just plain clueless?

bigG

Never meant to imply that you are a poacher. Seriously. I even doubt Goat; despite his words. Just think about this every time you see hunting legislation regarding an endangered or threatened species. Let the Humane Soc. waste their money. When a Dick Thiel type advocates, they don't have a leg to stand on. Millions for a five-minute reprieve.

I don't think you and Goat are poachers at all. Just don't want to give the other side any ammo unless it's of a scientific nature. I don't feel the scientists involved with the Plan are tree huggin. Sounds like they've been leaning toward the solution you favore all along. Just a matter of waiting for the latest addendum. Now we'll waste congressional time on it. Blame who you want.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

maggie

rammy, rammy, rammy, ""ah,ah,ah,..look at me, not down there! right here! "" (my favorite Judge Judy impersonation   ;) ) please, don't start drag our personal political views into all this, stay on topic son, were talking a state wolf killing here...Now, my post was spot on! and very truthful...so if you can find and falsehood in it, just go ahead and try and then simply and politely, tell us all what is not true about it... ;)   
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ramjet

Quote from: maggie on February 19, 2015, 07:21:12 AM
rammy, rammy, rammy, ""ah,ah,ah,..look at me, not down there! right here! "" (my favorite Judge Judy impersonation   ;) ) please, don't start drag our personal political views into all this, stay on topic son, were talking a state wolf killing here...Now, my post was spot on! and very truthful...so if you can find and falsehood in it, just go ahead and try and then simply and politely, tell us all what is not true about it... ;)   

You started this as political thread because the very idea that Liberal Judge appointed by Obama made the ruling. You did so that you could find a some small way to find some sort of victory after your Wisconsin Givernor prediction got destroyed not only once but three times in very short period.

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on February 18, 2015, 09:24:21 PM
Never meant to imply that you are a poacher. Seriously. I even doubt Goat; despite his words. Just think about this every time you see hunting legislation regarding an endangered or threatened species. Let the Humane Soc. waste their money. When a Dick Thiel type advocates, they don't have a leg to stand on. Millions for a five-minute reprieve.

I don't think you and Goat are poachers at all. Just don't want to give the other side any ammo unless it's of a scientific nature. I don't feel the scientists involved with the Plan are tree huggin. Sounds like they've been leaning toward the solution you favore all along. Just a matter of waiting for the latest addendum. Now we'll waste congressional time on it. Blame who you want.

You did speculate or indicate I approve of poaching and ai never in this entire thread ever advocated it or even  gave a minor indication that I approve of it.  Thiel is the one who was involved and set the population goals of which the estimates of wolves greatly exceeded this goal thus the managment plan allowed for a Legislative approval of a hunt and trapping.

yup this is political because the tree/bunny huggers continue to make it that way. I just did not know maggie was one till this thread............

maggie

ok, back to killing wolf, Maggie a tree hugger?...just my little Walnut I started a few yrs back...other than that, I'm not...besides that, i will stick to my post in witch i said we need to keep state appointees out of the decision making for our natural resources and Wildlife programs...if you like folks like that making them kind of decisions, so be it, i do not..live with it...focus now, and try staying on topic   ;)

ramjet

Quote from: maggie on February 19, 2015, 08:29:34 AM
ok, back to killing wolf, Maggie a tree hugger?...just my little Walnut I started a few yrs back...other than that, I'm not...besides that, i will stick to my post in witch i said we need to keep state appointees out of the decision making for our natural resources and Wildlife programs...if you like folks like that making them kind of decisions, so be it, i do not..live with it...focus now, and try staying on topic   ;)

Just like you tried to denigrate the Guy from Texas whomis a world renowned expert and does deer and herd a managment for a living I think he is exactly what we need and is also without Poltical influence unlike you......bunny hugger types. 🐇

maggie

OK, so your fine with a out of state state appointed, high fence hunter running our WIS deer herd...an expert you say?, a Texan expert on the Wis's Deer herd?..lol  :D...whats wrong with that picture..not only that, ya say he's "WORLD RENOWNED"  :D...ya, in texas!...ya, he sure did do some deer management alright, again, IN TEXAS!...but please, let me correct this for ya, you said, "without political influence" = PANTS ON FIRE, as we ALL know, he was APPOINTED... ;).....shoots that all to heck ha rammy... :D

ramjet

Quote from: maggie on February 19, 2015, 10:17:06 AM
OK, so your fine with a out of state state appointed, high fence hunter running our WIS deer herd...an expert you say?, a Texan expert on the Wis's Deer herd?..lol  :D...whats wrong with that picture..not only that, ya say he's "WORLD RENOWNED"  :D...ya, in texas!...ya, he sure did do some deer management alright, again, IN TEXAS!...but please, let me correct this for ya, you said, "without political influence" = PANTS ON FIRE, as we ALL know, he was APPOINTED... ;).....shoots that all to heck ha rammy... :D

He has participated in many deer habit studies and is known world wide for Whitetailed deer managment and studies you darn right we should take some input from him. Plus if you're boy Doyle would have done better job of doing things like this the deer heard in Northwoods would not be down as bad as it is. So you can espouse your dribble and I'll informed Poltical baloney to somebody else I am not buying the Bunny hugger 🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇 mentality you displayed on this topic.

Handles II

Now RJ, saying that Dr. Deer is unbiased is going beyond reality. He's a noted high-fence and bait guy not fair chase. He's against public hunting land. He is 100% GOP.

wrestle84

Quote from: Handles II on February 19, 2015, 01:29:51 PM
Now RJ, saying that Dr. Deer is unbiased is going beyond reality. He's a noted high-fence and bait guy not fair chase. He's against public hunting land. He is 100% GOP.

Can you point out anywhere in Kroll's final WI report where he is in favor of privatizing deer hunting in WI?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/outdoors/cries-from-left-groundless-on-deer-hunt-review-dc5i1ob-154571965.html

To be clear, neither Gov. Walker, the governor's spokesman nor Kroll has ever said he intends to "privatize" deer hunting in Wisconsin.

I have interviewed Kroll four times since October and attended four stakeholder and public input meetings this year as part of the review of Wisconsin's deer management system.

While he is a controversial figure among wildlife professionals for his extensive work in high fence deer management and captive deer breeding, at no point has Kroll advocated for privatizing deer hunting in Wisconsin.

He has stated several times "Wisconsin isn't Texas."

In a phone interview on Friday, Kroll maintained his comments in the 2002 Texas Monthly article were "distorted by a liberal publication."

"I'm neither a Democrat or a Republican," Kroll said. "The last thing I want is to make it harder for hunters to participate in the great sport of deer hunting in Wisconsin on public land."

Looks like your 100% GOP statement is a lie also.

ramjet

HandlesII aka BunnyhuggerII

here you go so you are saying somebody with his education and qualification has no idea what he is doing? That would be contrary to all the dribble you post about education so which is it?

Opps whatnisnthatball,over you and Maggie's faces? Oh yea EGG.

​Dr Kroll

Professor Emeritus of Forest Wildlife Management, Stephen F. Austin State University

Date of Birth: November 5, 1946             Place of Birth: Waco, Texas

Present Position: Professr Emertus of Forest Wildlife Management

Academic Summary:
Ph.D.              1973   Texas A&M University (Distinguished Graduate)
M.S.                1970   Baylor University
B.S.                 1969   Baylor University

2013- present: Professor Emeritus

2008-2013: Henry M. Rockwell Chair in Forest Wildlife Management

2004-2008: Director, Columbia Regional Geospatial Service Center.

1997-2008:  Director, Forest Resources Institute, College of Forestry, Stephen F. Austin State University.

1981-present:  Professor of Forest Wildlife and Director, Institute for White-tailed Deer Management and Research, College of Forestry, Stephen F. Austin State University. Now teach courses in wildlife habitat management, wildlife management techniques, wildlife ecology, land management planning, white-tailed deer ecology and management, introduction to forestry, and research methods. Also, direct a large on-going research project in white-tailed deer biology.

1975-present: Director, Institute for White-tailed Deer Management and Research, College of Forestry, Stephen F. Austin State University. Directs large research and management institute with one million dollar budget. Nationally known for excellence in research in deer biology, management and economics.

1973-1981:  Assistant and Associate Professor of Forest Wildlife, School of Forestry, Stephen F. Austin State University. Taught the following courses: wildlife management techniques, wildlife habitat management, natural history, advanced wildlife ecology and population dynamics, research methods, non-game management and wildlife photography.

When I came to SFASU, the wildlife curriculum consisted of two courses taught on a part-time basis by U.S. Forest Service personnel. I developed the curriculum to eight courses relating directly to wildlife, and organized the Student Chapter of the Wildlife Society.

1972: Assistant Professor of Biology, Salem College, West Virginia.  Taught undergraduate courses in the following: comparative anatomy, physiology, evolution, physiological ecology, histology and desert ecology.

1971   Laboratory instructor in ecology, herpetology and ichthyology, Texas A&M University. Taught laboratories to undergraduate majors in wildlife and fisheries. Also, worked with students in field ecological studies. Immediate supervisors: Drs. J. R. Dixon, R. J. Baldauf and D. R. Clark Jr.

1970   Instructor in Zoology, McLennan Community College. Taught freshman zoology at junior college level.

1970   Instructor in herpetology and  taxidermy, Strecker Museum. Taught introductory courses in herpetology and taxidermy to elementary aged children. Immediate supervisor: Dr. Bryce C. Brown.

1970   Laboratory instructor for anatomy and physiology, Baylor University. Taught human anatomy and physiology to nursing students. Immediate supervisor: Dr. Eugene Crowder.

1968   Laboratory assistant in zoology, Baylor University. Taught laboratories in introductory zoology. Immediate supervisor: Dr. J. F. Watkins II.

1967   Research assistant in predator-prey studies, Baylor University. Conducted research on the predator-prey interactions of blind snakes and army ants. Immediate supervisor: Dr. J. F. Watkins II.

Society of American Foresters, Wildlife Society (Texas Chapter), Texas Forestry Association (Director), Texas Deer Association (Co-Founder), Southeast Deer Study Group, Southwestern Association of Naturalists, Sigma Xi, Beta Beta Beta, Phi Sigma Society, Texas Wildlife Association (Director), Texas System of Natural Laboratories (Director) and Xi Sigma Pi, Stephen F. Austin State University Research Committee, Center for Applied Studies Council, College of Forestry Faculty Alumni Committee.

2012   Nacogdoches County Agriculture Pioneer
2011   Muy Grande Hall of Fame
2009   Baylor University Outstanding Alumni Award
2007   Whitetail Country, ESPN2: Career Biography
2007   Research Contributions in Deer Management, ANGADI
2004   Golden Moose Award, Outdoor Channel (North American WHITETAILTelevision)
2003   Honors Award, NASA- Shuttle Columbia Disaster
2002   Golden Moose Award, Outdoor Channel, Journal of the Texas Trophy Hunters

Distinguished Alumni – Waco Independent School
2000   Past-Presidents Award, Texas Deer Association

Teaching Excellence Award
Distinguished Professor Award
Award for Excellence, Texas Outdoor Writers Association:
Whitetail Video Management Series; Magazine Articles
1994   Texas Chapter, The Wildlife Society, Publication Award

Educator of the Year, Lone Star Bowhunters
1993   Regents Professor, Research (SFASU

Distinguished Professor Award
            1989   Buckhorn Hunting Club's Conservationist of the Year
1985   Texas Forestry Association's Forestry Research Award

Who's Who in the South and Southwest
Best Book Publication, The Wildlife Society, for Role of
             Insectivorous Birds in the Forest

Appreciation Award, National Rifle Association
1975   Elected to Xi Sigma Pi
1974   Outstanding Educators in America
1973   Distinguished Doctoral Graduate, Texas A&M University.
1971   Environmental Defense Fund
1971   Elected to Phi Sigma Society
1971   President, The Association of Graduate Wildlife and Fisheries Scientists. Organized first graduate organization in wildlife at TAMU. The Association grown to be an integral part of student-faculty relationships.

Editor of ENVIRON
1971   Graduate teaching assistantship, Texas A&M University.
1970   NSF Trainee, Texas A&M University. I was awarded this traineeship based on academic and research record. I conducted research under NSF funding and published a number of papers.
1970   Graduate teaching assistantship, Baylor University.
1970   Elected to Sigma Xi
1969   Featured in Iscani Magazine, acknowledging research in pheromones.
1969   Elected to Beta Beta Beta
1969   NSF graduate research assistant to Drs. Watkins and Gehlbach, Baylor University. Conducted independent research and published papers with senior researchers. Major accomplishments include discovery of repellent compound (3-methyl indole) for ants, termites and snakes.
1968   Vice-president of Lamda Sigma Chi.
1967   NSF undergraduate research assistant to Drs. J. F. Watkins II and F. R. Gehlbach, Baylor University: Predator-prey interactions of army ants and blind snakes. Published as an undergraduate.
1965   Biology Award, Regional Science Fair. Sound communication in honey bees.
1964   President of University High School Science Club

Grants:

To date, approximately $20 million in funding has been acquired while at SFASU.

2009-10Food Plot Research Initiative- Arkansas County Seed Co.
2009   U.S. Congress, Department of Defense, Regional Geospatial Service Center System (SFA, Texas Tech, Lamar University and University of Texas, El Paso).
2009- Present: Campbell Group: Hunting club management assistance program.
1997-Present: South Texas Ranchers Consortium: Antler Development in Free-ranging Whitetails.
2007-present: Television monitoring of free-ranging whitetails. DeerChannel.com
2008   Campbell Group: Hunting club management assistance program.
2008   U.S. Congress, Department of Defense, Regional Geospatial Service Center System (SFA, Texas Tech, Lamar University and University of Texas, El Paso).
2008   Texas Commission on Environmental Quality: Critical   infrastructure mapping for small water systems in Texas.
2008   Texas Commission on Environmental Quality: Water district boundary mapping for small water systems in Texas.                 
2007   Texas Commission on Environmental Quality Critical Infrastructure Mapping Project
2007   U.S. Congress, Department of Defense, Regional Geospatial Service Center System (SFA, Texas Tech and University of Texas, El Paso)
2006    U.S. Congress. Columbia Regional Geospatial Service Center
System (5 years)
2005    U.S. Congress. Columbia Regional Geospatial Service Center
System (5 years).
1997-2007
Hunting Club Management Assistance Program: Temple-Inland, Inc.
1997   T.L.L. Temple Foundation Forestry Research Institute (5 years)
1997   Conservation Fund Grant, Pope and Young Club. (2 years)
1996   Temple-Inland, Inc. The White-tailed Deer and Intensively Managed Southern Pine Plantations:  Impact on Population Density and Productivity. (Renewal)

Game & Fish Publications
Què Paso Ranch
McIntyre-Stennis Federal Research, Ecology & Management of White-tailed Deer in the Southern Mixed Pine-Hardwood Forest
1992   McIntyre-Stennis Federal Research,  Ecology & Management of White-tailed Deer in the Southern Mixed Pine-Hardwood Forest
1991   Temple-Inland, Inc. The White-tailed Deer and             Intensively Managed Southern Pine Plantations:  Impact on Population Density and Productivity.
1991   Multiple-use management of mixed pine-hardwood forests. Texas A&M Univ. coop. project.
1989   International Paper Co., Inc. Movements and Behavior of White-tailed Deer in an Intensively Managed Pine Plantation.

International Paper Co., Inc. Movements and Behavior of White-tailed Deer in an Intensively Managed Pine Plantation.
1987   Management Strategies for White-tailed Deer on Private Non-industrial Forest Lands, Game & Fish Magazines/North American Whitetail Magazine
1986   Houston Safari Club. White-tailed Deer Research. Funded.
1985   Evaluation of habitat suitability models on Fort Benning, Ga. The potential for interspecific resource competition between white-tailed deer and feral hogs in the Post Oak Savannah  Region of Texas. Texas Parks & Wildlife Department.
1983   Ecological assessment of 2,4-D treatment on a pine hardwood ecosystem. Part II: Possible persistence and bio-magnification. USDA For. Serv. Nat. Agric. Prod. Assess. Prog. Funded. (2 years)

Habitat inventory of the red-cockaded woodpecker.     U.S.F.S.
1977   Ecological impact of herbicidal timber stand improvement on vertebrates and invertebrates inhabiting the pine-hardwood forests of East Texas. U.S.F.S.
1975   Effects of woodpeckers (Picidae) on populations of the southern pine beetle (Scolytidae). C.S.R.S.-U.S. Forest Service.
1975   Red Wolf Documentary film. National Rifle Association.
1975   A radio-telemetric study on movements of white-tailed deer in East Texas. C.S.R.S.-McIntyre-Stennis.
1975   Red Wolf Documentary Film. Southl. Paper Mills Inc.
1974   Physiological ecology of the Plains Pocket Gopher. C.S.R.S.-McIntyre-Stennis.
1974   A radio-telemetric study of movements of captive-reared alligators when released into the wild. U. S. Fish & Wildlife Service.
1974   Effects of habitat manipulation on nesting success of the Golden-cheeked Warbler (Dendroica chrysoparia). U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.

Theses and Dissertations Directed:

Deer use of gut piles in northeastern Michigan forest habitats. M.S. Thesis. John Varnell (2011 completion)

Economic analysis of private white-tailed deer management and breeding. M.S. Thesis. James Hudiburgh (2011 completion)

Using animal-mounted video cameras to study whitetail behavior. M.S. Thesis. Andy McCrady (2011 completion)

Using infrared-triggered cameras to census bobcat (Lynx rufus) in east Texas. M.S. Thesis. 2006,  Matthew Symmank (co-major professor).

Landscape Level Analysis of Rutting Behavior in White-tailed Deer. M.S. Thesis. 2004. Charles Anderson.

Monitoring Changes in Landscape Patterns of the Angelina National Forest, East Texas.  (Doc, Dissert.). 2000. Qingzhou Li.

Estrus Synchronization and Timed Artificial Insemination in Captive White-tailed Deer. (Thesis) J. D. Sellers, 1998.

Effects of Estrus Synchronization on Breeding of Captive White-tailed Deer. (Thesis). A. J. Smalling, 1998.

Prediction of Diet Quality Parameters of White-tailed Deer via Near  Infrared Reflectance Spectroscopy (NIRS) Fecal Profiling. (Masters Thesis). Scott E. Showers, Co-Operative with Texas A&M. 1997.

Infrared-Triggered Cameras For Censusing White-Tailed Deer. (Thesis). R. W. Browning, 1995

A Computerized Data Collection System For Studying Activity of White-tailed Deer. (Thesis). R. G. Skinner. 1994.

Movement and activity patterns of white-tailed deer on East Texas. (Thesis). D. E. Evans.  1992.

Response of native vegetation to fertilization in East Texas pine plantations. (Thesis). R. J. Bane.  1992.

Evaluation of supplemental forages for the white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus) in East Texas. (Doc, Dissert.). 1991. B. J. Higginbotham.

Analysis of an optimum sustained yield management program for white-tailed deer in the southern mixed pine-hardwood forest. (Thesis). W. B. Goodrum. 1990.

Genetic implications of intensive white-tailed deer management. (Doc.       Dissert.).  1989. W. A. Wall.

The hunting club as a management unit. (Thesis). C. Evans. 1989.

Seasonal shifts in home range utilization by white-tailed deer. (Thesis). W. R. Green. 1988.

The potential for interspecific resource competition between white-tailed deer and feral hogs in the Post Oak Savannah Region of Texas. (Doc. Dissert.). G. K. Yarrow. 1987.

Habitat structure and bird species diversity in seedtree and clear-cut           regeneration areas in East Texas. (Thesis). S. B. Hall. 1987.

Wood duck nest site selection in East Texas. (Thesis). M. E. May. 1986

Foraging activity of white-tailed deer in East Texas. (Doc. Dissert.). 1984. R.L. Rayburn.

A freshwater inventory of wetland plant communities on Sam Rayburn      Reservoir using remote sensing. 1981. S. G. Head.

Invertebrate abundance and diversity in young southern pine-hardwood forests. 1980. R. S. Bounds.

Colony site selection by red-cockaded woodpeckers in East Texas. (Thesis). 1980. B. A. Locke.

Avian diversity in various age pine forests in East Texas. (Doc. Dissert.). 1978.     R. M. Whiting.

Factors affecting summer activity of white-tailed deer, with consideration of track and spotlight counts. 1978. R. G. Braden.

Operational characteristics of commercial exotic big game hunting ranches in the U.S. (Thesis). 1975. J. R. Attebury.

Thermal ecology of the plains pocket gopher (Geomys bursarius) in East Texas, with consideration of evolutionary trends in Geomyidae. (Thesis) R. D. Montgomery. 1975.

Internships Directed:

Turtle Lake Club, Hillman, Michigan (1 student annually)
Alico, Inc., Frost Proof, Florida (2 students)
Muy Grande Ranch, Gaylord, Michigan (1 student)
Riser Ranch, George West, Texas, (1 student)
4-Canyon Ranch, Uvalde, Texas (3 students)

Publications, Books:

Food Source Management for Whitetails, Intermedia Press. 203 pp. (Co-author)

Solving the Mysteries of Deer Movement, College of Forestry,  178 pp., (Co-author).

Aging and Judging Trophy Whitetails,  College of Forestry  204 pp. (best-seller status), 3 eds.

Managing Quality White-tailed Deer, (Chapter) Stackpole Books, Harrisburg, PA

Amazing Whitetails,  (Introduction), Biggs Publishing, Ft. Worth, TX

Deer, Stackpole Books, (3 chapters) Harrisburg, PA

The Art and Science of Patterning Whitetails,  2nd Edition, College of Forestry 224 pp.

The Southern Food Plot Manual, College of Forestry 138 pp

The Role of Insectivorous Birds in Forest Ecosystems. Academic Press, N.Y. (Co-edited).

A Practical Guide to Producing and Harvesting White-tailed Deer. 
Arthur Temple College of Forestry Publ..  691 pp. (best-seller status) 6 eds.

A Dictionary of Science. Hammond-Barnhart Publ., New York, N.Y. 1983 .
740 p.p. (Co-authored)

Publications, Television Programs:

2004-Present: North American Whitetail Television. Outdoor
Channel.Golden Moose Award.

2007. Journal of the Texas Trophy Hunters. Mens Outdoor Recreation
Channel.

2007. The Cattle Channel. RFD Television.

Journal of the Texas Trophy Hunters. Outdoor Channel. Golden Moose Award (Chronic Wasting Disease).
            1978 Outdoor Magazine (PBS), Outstanding Television Program Award

1975-76         KTRE Television, Wildlife Heritage weekly program.

Publications, Internet:

2011   Dr. Deer.com. On-line education and deer management
assistance.
2007. DeerChannel.com. Live narrated video from whitetails.

Publications, videos:

Winchester Presents Dr. Deer, 3 DVD series, 13 shows

Whitetail Antlers. Intermedia, Inc. 70 minute DVD.

Food Source Management for Whitetails. Intermedia, Inc. One Hour DVD

Dr. Deer's Whitetail World, DeerChannel.com. DVD (Vols. 1-4)

Building Your Own Whitetail Paradise, DeerChannel.com DVD (3 hours)

A Practical Guide to Producing and Harvesting White-tailed Deer:  Vol. 4, Scoring Trophy Whitetails.  Produced by Institute for White-tailed Deer        Management and Research.  1995.

A Practical Guide to Producing and Harvesting White-tailed Deer:  Vol. 3, Record-Keeping.  Produced by Institute for White-tailed Deer Management and Research.  1994.

A Practical Guide to Producing and Harvesting White-tailed Deer:  Vol. 2, Aging and Judging Trophy Whitetails.  Produced by Institute for White-tailed Deer Management and Research.  1993.

A Practical Guide to Producing and Harvesting White-tailed Deer:  Vol. 1, Food Plots and Supplemental Feeding.  Produced by Institute for White-tailed          Deer Management and Research.  1993.

Managing Trophy White-tailed Deer. P.B.S.' Outdoor Magazine Series. (Note: this program won the best television program of the year by the Outdoor Writers of America). (co-authored)

Producing and Harvesting Trophy Whitetails. Wildlife Heritage and                         Sportsman's Prod. 1988. 1 hour.

Publications, journals and symposia:

Symmank, M, C. Comer and J. C. Kroll. 2011. Using infrared-triggered cameras to monitor activity of forest carnivores. Southeastern Naturalist. in press, (accepted 7-28-2011.).

Koerth, B. H., J. C. Kroll. 2010. White-tailed deer antler research: A response to Demarais and Strickland. J. Wildlife Manage. 74(2):198-202.

Symmank, M, C. Comer and J. C. Kroll. 2009. Using infrared-triggered cameras to census bobcat (Lynx rufus) in east Texas. SEAGFA Proc. (in press).

Unger, D., J. Kroll, I-Kaui Hung, J. Williams, D. Coble and J. Grogan. 2008. A standardized, cost-effective and repeatable remote sensing methodology to quantify forested resources in Texas. So. J. Appl. For. ( in press)

Koerth, B. H. and J. C. Kroll. 2008. Antler development in free-ranging white-tailed deer. J. Wildl. Manage. (in press)

Raines, J., J. Grogan, I-Kaui Hung and J. Kroll. 2008. Assessment of Landsat TM Band Combinations for Forest Cover Classification in East Texas. S. J. Appl. For. (in press).

Showers, S. E., J. W. Stuth, J. C. Kroll, and B. H. Koerth. 2006. Predicting diet quality of white-tailed deer via fecal profiling.  J. Range Manage.59:300-307.

Hung, I., Williams, J. M., Kroll, J. C., and Unger, D. R. 2004. Forest landscape changes in east Texas from 1974 to 2002. in Proc. 4th Southern For. & Natur. Res. GIS Conference, Athens, GA 16-17 Dec., 2004.

Koerth, B. H. and J. C. Kroll. 2000. That New Car Smell: Deer Response to Traditional and Non-Traditional Scents in Mock Scrapes. 23rd Annual Meeting Southeast Deer Study Group, Wilmington, NC.

Koerth, B. H, J. C. Kroll, and H. A. Jacobson. 1999. Using remote cameras in deer management. Deer 101: Deer Management from the Ground Up Symposium. Texas Agricultural Extension Service and Texas A&M University Department of Wildlife & Fisheries  Sciences. College Station, Texas. (accepted)

Koerth, B. H. and J. C. Kroll.  1999. Harvest management strategies for white-tailed deer.  Pages 79-87 in N. Wilkins, ed., Deer 101: Deer Management from the Ground Up. Texas Agricultural Extension Service and Texas A&M University Department of Wildlife & Fisheries Sciences. College Station, Texas.

Koerth, B. H., and J. C. Kroll.  1999. Bait type and timing for infrared-triggered camera counts of deer. Wildlife Society Bulletin.

Kroll, J.C.  1999.   Building your own 'deer factory':  Improving the cover on your hunting land.  North American Whitetail.  July.  Vol. 18, No. 3, pages 29-33.

Kroll, J. C., and B. H. Koerth. 1998. To cull or not to cull: A really good question! Pages 72-79 in D. Rollins, editor, The Role of Genetics in White-tailed Deer Management Symposium. Texas A&M University and the Texas Chapter, The Wildlife Society. College Station, Texas.

Randel, R. R., J. C. Kroll, A. J. Smalling, J. D. Sellers, and B. H. Koerth. 1998. Infusing new genes: Natural or artificial insemination? Pages 37-39 in D. Rollins, editor, The Role of Genetics in White-tailed Deer Management Symposium. Texas A&M University and the Texas Chapter, The Wildlife Society. College Station, Texas.

Showers, S., J. Stuth, B. H. Koerth, and J. C. Kroll. 1997. Prediction of Dietary Crude Protein of White-tailed Deer via NIRS Technology. 20th Annual SE Deer Study Group, Charleston, SC.

Jacobson, H. A., J. C. Kroll, R. W. Browning, B. H. Koerth, and M. H. Conway. 1997. Infrared-triggered cameras for censusing white-tailed deer. Wildlife Society Bulletin 25:547-556.

Koerth, B. H., C. D. McKown, and J. C. Kroll. 1997. Infrared-triggered camera versus helicop

© 2015 Dr. Deer™ | GroupM7 Design™ About | Consultations/Seminars | OnLine Education | Members | Products | Photo Gallery | Contact Us

maggie

:D what a waste of time Rammy.... :D    HE IS A WORTHLESS, HIGH FENCE HUNTING ADVOCATE!...he nothing but another TED NUGENT!...all mouth, and NO show...LOL.. :D