Post Season All State Banquet, Clinic and College Exposure Convention in WI?

Started by CityGuy, April 25, 2017, 08:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityGuy

This past weekend I took a group of kids to Illinois All State Banquet, Clinic and College Exposure Convention in the Chicagoland area. The day started with the coaches/parents getting a course on what to do to get recruited for wrestling and get into the college you want. We discussed D1 all the way to JUCO. The kids were getting a clinic from Zane Richards 2X NCAA All American at the same time. We then ate great food, got some free raffle prizes and saw some of Illinois best academic and athletic wrestlers get honored. The only downside was the college coaches were there the day before interacting with kids and we did not get to experience that in the one day we went.

I am new to Wisconsin and been in the WWCA for two years, but have never heard of anything like this in Wisconsin. Is there a post season banquet of some sort we hold in WI. I have asked some veteran coaches in my area and they have never attended one. I also cruised through WWCA website and couldn't find anything.

Any information would be appreciated. I brought some state place winners from WI and they thought it was a great time. The parents/coaches got some info and took a ton of notes. The kids seemed to get a lot from there time with Zane. I would like to expose my kids to some WI colleges as well and try to keep them in state.

Thanks for reading and any help you may have.