Kelly Bires tonight on ESPN 2

Started by millert, June 09, 2007, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad 2 5

Hopefully we will see Kelly back in a car soon. I know he is hanging around the track looking for opportunities.

woody53

Kelly stated yesterday that he will be running a late model at Madison for the All-Star Classic on June 29th. Krueger Farms is going to be his sponsor.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

WISCwrestlingfan

This year's NASCAR season has been something else...
    * Edwards vs. Keselowski.
    * Gordon vs. Johnson (teammates).
    * Kyle Busch vs. Hamlin (teammates).
    * Kyle Busch vs. Burton.
    * Harvick vs. Logano.
    * Kahne vs. Allmendinger (teammates).
It's a great day for wrestling! :D

dad 2 5

Quote from: woody53 on June 09, 2010, 08:33:47 AM
Kelly stated yesterday that he will be running a late model at Madison for the All-Star Classic on June 29th. Krueger Farms is going to be his sponsor.
IT will be good to see Kelly back in a late model. If I remember right the last time he ran this event he won it.

woody53

He won it in 2006 when he was chasing the ASA title. He held off Kenseth, who ran second. I can't remeber but in 2007 or 2008, he had handling issues and never was a factor.

dad 2 5

Headed out to the track now. Hope to spend some time with Kelly and the Wimmer's as they get State Park going again. Hope to see a big crowd this evening!

woody53

Finally Kelly is back in a Nationwide car for this weekend. He will drive the Baker/Curb Racing, #27 Ford, at Gateway, by St. Louis. Lets see if the old mojo can work again because I am back in a car for the first time also this season at Blackhawk this weekend.

dad 2 5

How did things go on the border for you?

woody53

HOT, HOT, HOT!
Won my class on Sunday. Which to be honest, was because of attrition more than anything. Saw some really stupid things when the heat got to some guys and they lost focus. Two Red Flags but no one injured. I came home two pounds lighter than I weighed in for at BSG a couple weeks ago, and I sucked down a ton of fluids all weekend.
Had the exhaust collector from the header to the pipe lose a bolt during qualifying. Sounded bad, and when I got in, the temp on the floor was 142. Thats just from a four cylinder exhaust! All in all, a great weekend.
I had an excellent student on Saturday with a Porsche 911 Carrera. That was cool!

TomM

Cheers man...  "80% of life is showin' up!"...
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

dad 2 5

Quote from: woody53 on July 19, 2010, 05:43:38 PM
HOT, HOT, HOT!
Won my class on Sunday. Which to be honest, was because of attrition more than anything. Saw some really stupid things when the heat got to some guys and they lost focus. Two Red Flags but no one injured. I came home two pounds lighter than I weighed in for at BSG a couple weeks ago, and I sucked down a ton of fluids all weekend.
Had the exhaust collector from the header to the pipe lose a bolt during qualifying. Sounded bad, and when I got in, the temp on the floor was 142. Thats just from a four cylinder exhaust! All in all, a great weekend.
I had an excellent student on Saturday with a Porsche 911 Carrera. That was cool!
Sounds like a great weekend. GOOD JOB!

dad 2 5

Kelly's ASA crew chief is very ill and we need to pray for Howie and his family.

woody53

Quote from: dad 2 5 on August 18, 2010, 06:02:16 PM
Kelly's ASA crew chief is very ill and we need to pray for Howie and his family.
Yes! A great crew chief and a patient man who has developed many drivers. Prayers being said each day for them.

dad 2 5

Sorry to announce that Howie Lettow passed away today. It is a very sad day for Wisconsin racing community to lose sure a good man. Pray for the family and friends. He had a major impact on Midwest racing. As good as he was he always seemed to have time for a question or just to talk. The championship did not change him.

woody53

Big loss for the racing families in Wisconsin and the upper Midwest. Prayers to the family.