Kelly Bires tonight on ESPN 2

Started by millert, June 09, 2007, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WISCwrestlingfan

Great job woody!

I liked it in Saturday's Nationwide race around lap 135-140, the ESPN TV cameras were following the battle of 3 great WI racers - Bires & Kenseth were battling it out for position, Bires was in the bottom lane trying to get past Kenseth in the top, while Wimmer was right on Bires tail.

Bires was doing great, he was up in the top ten for awhile, until Allgaier took him out, ended up finishing 25 at Memphis.
It's a great day for wrestling! :D

woody53

I didn't get to see the Nationwide or the Cup races this weekend as they occurred at the same time as my two races. I have seen the highlights but not the incident with the #12. I know Kelly had a rough qualifying session, however with some good pit calls and adjustments, he was able to get into the top ten. Kind of cool to see the car he will be in next year win the race.
I see on facebook that he will get to do the Nationwide COT test next week at Talladega for JR Motorsports.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

dad 2 5

Sad news about Memphis closing. I am going down with the ASA guys as it could be the last event at Memphis. I hope the MIle see this and can turn the corner and set a big season next year.

WISCwrestlingfan

Quote from: dad 2 5 on November 02, 2009, 06:22:01 PMSad news about Memphis closing. I am going down with the ASA guys as it could be the last event at Memphis. I hope the MIle see this and can turn the corner and set a big season next year.

Man I hate to see a good race track close down, especially one that held both NASCAR & NHRA events.

The closing of Memphis means - the Nationwide race will move to Gateway IL/nearby St. Louis, the Camping World truck race will move to Nashville, and the NHRA race is dropped from the schedule.

millert

Kelly will get his first chance with Junior Motorsports at Homestead.  Looks like Kelly will be running the #5 car to get acquianted with some of his crew.
"I must dictate the dream"  bergy

WISCwrestlingfan

And Kelly will have a media-darling teammate...

Quotehttp://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/news/story?id=4622687

Danica Patrick To Run For JR Motorsports

dad 2 5

So while I was in Memphis I also had Speedway 51 is done too. I think I heard that right (not Columbus 151). It was either that or I55 (I would not think so). Heard Iowa and Hawkeye need help too. I did not hear of anyone stepping up at Nashville or Memphis so they may both be lost. Memphis is a huge place with both drag and oval adn a lot of propetry around it.

WISCwrestlingfan

Quote from: dad 2 5 on November 08, 2009, 04:03:43 PMI did not hear of anyone stepping up at Nashville or Memphis so they may both be lost.

As I wrote above, Nashville is getting Memphis's NASCAR Camping World truck race in 2010.

dad 2 5

I think that the super speedway is staying open but the small track is closing. I know the 400 was postponed and then canceled for this month.

TomM

Quote from: WISCwrestlingfan on November 09, 2009, 07:26:35 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on November 08, 2009, 04:03:43 PMI did not hear of anyone stepping up at Nashville or Memphis so they may both be lost.

As I wrote above, Nashville is getting Memphis's NASCAR Camping World truck race in 2010.
They race camping trucks?  Am I reading that correctly?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

woody53

Tom, you kill me. Camping World is the title sponsor for the Nascar Truck Series. They took over this year when Craftsman dropped out.

Although I have enjoyed a couple of camper races in the past. ;)
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

WISCwrestlingfan

Quote from: TomM on November 09, 2009, 08:16:46 PM
Quote from: WISCwrestlingfan on November 09, 2009, 07:26:35 PM

They race camping trucks?  Am I reading that correctly?

When I was a kid, we used to go to a demolition derby that had a school bus division.

TomM

My dad would take us to the "midget car" races in south Milwaukee or some such area... (that track is gone) and to Slinger once in a while... pretty fun for kids to watch... loud and exciting...
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

WISCwrestlingfan

Hales Corners had the school bus demolition derby when I was a kid...I couldn't think of the name of the track before, sadly the track isn't around anymore.

Slinger is a great track, been there many times, shaped like a bowl.

Angell Park still races midgets.

I heard Scott Wimmer bought a track up in his area of the state, anyone know which one?

dad 2 5

I think it was State Park, Wausau, by Rib MT if I heard right. They usually race on Thursday's on a limited base. Hopefully they can get it more weekly.