Kelly Bires tonight on ESPN 2

Started by millert, June 09, 2007, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

Bires was 9th quick in the first practice today at Chicagoland. He didn't go out in the second practice. His speed from the first was good enough for the top ten in the second practice.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

woody53

Great job in qualifying by Kelly. He ran seven tenths of a second and four miles an hour faster than he did in practice yesterday and will start seventh tonight in Chicago. The first non Cup driver.

woody53

Team owner Brad Daugherty just said that Kelly is a start and park car tonight. Rusty Wallace just ripped on him a little about it. Too bad. Good starting postion.

WISCwrestlingfan

Kelly has a chance to run another full race (not a start-and-park) for Braun Racing's #10 car at Iowa (Aug 1).
It's a great day for wrestling! :D

woody53

You "scoped" me on this one WISC! :-[

dad 2 5

Wonder how things went at Slinger for the Nationals last night. Too bad Howe does not have a car for Kelly to get in this weekend at MIS and Rockford.

WISCwrestlingfan

Quote from: woody53 on July 22, 2009, 01:49:20 PM
You "scoped" me on this one WISC! :-[

Sorry woody!  Another start-and-park for Kelly this weekend at ORL.

dad 2 5

Does Kelly have two mre races in the Harvick car? I thought I heard that.

woody53

According to the press release from a month back, he will have one more time in Harvick's car. The October 24th race in Memphis

woody53

Kelly may have been a start and park at O'Reilly, but that had to have been the best Nationwide race of the season, for a fan to watch. A couple of different groves working. Side by side racing all the way through the field. Great race. Look forward to Iowa next week.

WISCwrestlingfan

Quote from: woody53 on July 26, 2009, 05:10:02 AM
Kelly may have been a start and park at O'Reilly, but that had to have been the best Nationwide race of the season, for a fan to watch. A couple of different groves working. Side by side racing all the way through the field. Great race. Look forward to Iowa next week.

woody, as a driver, what did you think of the pace car, Trevor Bayne, Steven Wallace incident? 

I guess I understand the logic behind it, but I found it to be a little weird in the application of the rule when the pace car essentially caused it.

woody53

That happens more than you think. The Pace Car jumped out way to fast. We have had this with our group and the key is maintaining the pace car speed. Even though the Pace Car cause it. :-\

dad 2 5

Kelly gets to jump in the #10 car this weekend at Iowa. Hope it is not a start and park. Not sure about Braun and what the "orders" were. Bad wreck at Rockford this weekend Saturday in the ASA North race. Ryan Carlson to a ride to the hospital adn is out of the car for at least three months. Pray for his recovery

WISCwrestlingfan

Quote from: dad 2 5 on July 27, 2009, 08:23:31 PM
Kelly gets to jump in the #10 car this weekend at Iowa. Hope it is not a start and park. Not sure about Braun and what the "orders" were.

Quote from: WISCwrestlingfan on July 22, 2009, 12:31:43 PM
Kelly has a chance to run another full race (not a start-and-park) for Braun Racing's #10 car at Iowa (Aug 1).

woody53

Kelly did a great job and qualified 12th today. Even better to finish in 5th. This kid deserves a full time ride. The four who finished in front of him all have Cup experience.