Fargo

Started by wrastle63, July 12, 2018, 09:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrastle63

Looks like the Badgers will have quite a few wrestlers competing at Fargo. Schoenherr at 145, Dow at 160, and Krattiger at 182. Also Badger recruits like Medora, Otto and Barnett will be competing.

GradeTough

I hope we have a great showing. Elevates our National view and validates the hard works these wrestlers are putting in is paying off. Builds on the momentum from earlier summer activities.

leg turk

Shoenherr lost first round.  Krattiger and Sharenbrock won.

mkm13

Schoenherr lost his 2nd one going 0-2. His results since the high school season have been worse than you would expect for a future college wrestler. Maybe there is an injury. Not sure of Bono can count on him to fill in at 141 or 149 at the big 10 level.

Good to see scharenbrock with the big win.

wrastle63

Schoenherr was in deep a lot of shots but didn't finish like he usually does. He did not have his best day, but the others seem to be doing very well!

wrastle63

Quote from: Luke Louison on July 15, 2018, 12:39:33 PM
Quote from: Luke Louison on July 15, 2018, 12:33:51 PM
Scharenbrock followed up an upset victory with another win, and he's in the final 32 at 145 pounds.

The third Wick brother, Luka(?), is on to the round of 32 in the same 145 pound bracket on the strength of two techs.

Meanwhile Schoenherr, who must have been the 2-seed based on his placement in that same bracket, is out of the tournament after losing his first consolation match.

Does anyone know of an injury there? I find that performance out of character (and unfortunately, an injury is completely in character).
What are you trying to say?

wrastle63

Barnett just teched the #14 ranked 120 according to Flo(12-2)

T.Vieau

Hey Luke awfully critical of a young man who has yet to start his college career. Maybe give him the benefit of the doubt before casting him a side, anybody can have an off day.

Ghetto

Parker Keckheisen just demolished some kid from Alabama to make the round of 16
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

GradeTough

Nicolar Rivera @106lbs in the Cadet division is in the Finals. Tech'd his way through the tournament so far. Looks like Stoughton has another great way headed their way.

Ghetto

That's awesome. It's also nice to see this many kids competing at Fargo. Wisconsin has 36 kids in juniors, which is up there with the Ohio/Pennsylvania/Iowas of the world.

wrastle63

Quote from: T.Vieau on July 15, 2018, 07:31:08 PM
Hey Luke awfully critical of a young man who has yet to start his college career. Maybe give him the benefit of the doubt before casting him a side, anybody can have an off day.
+100000

wrastle63

Quote from: GradeTough on July 15, 2018, 07:44:00 PM
Nicolar Rivera @106lbs in the Cadet division is in the Finals. Tech'd his way through the tournament so far. Looks like Stoughton has another great way headed their way.
Not worried about Stoughton he could be the next 125 for the Badgers haha

Ghetto

It is a bad idea to go upper body with Tyler Dow.

leg turk

Quote from: Ghetto on July 15, 2018, 07:56:55 PM
It is a bad idea to go upper body with Tyler Dow.

Mocco had success doing that.