Predict Team State-All Three Divisions

Started by Firstinline, March 06, 2014, 07:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLC FAN

Quote from: CLC FAN on March 06, 2014, 09:29:37 AM
  This is courtesy of NOPIN 2.0

D1 - Quarter Finals
Merrill vs Mukwonago - Merrill   45 - 17   (computer is 97% confident in a Merrill win)
Bayport vs Stoughton - Bayport   33 - 29  (54% confident)
Sauk Prairie vs Burlington - Sauk Prairie  36 - 26  (74% confident)
Kaukana vs Menomonee Falls - Kaukana    41 - 21  (90% confident)

Actual results

Merrill over Mukw  49-24
Bay Port over Stoughton  42-21
Burlington over Sauk Prairie  33-32
KK over MenFalls  59-3

CLC FAN

NOPIN predictions for finals:

D1:  Kaukauna over Bay Port
                 39     -     22              87% confidence

D2:   Ellsworth over Pewaukee
               45       -       17            97%

D3:   Coleman over Spring Valley
                32     -       29              52%

CLC FAN

Quote from: CLC FAN on March 08, 2014, 12:59:15 PM
NOPIN predictions for finals:

D1:  Kaukauna over Bay Port
                 39     -     22              87% confidence

D2:   Ellsworth over Pewaukee
               45       -       17            97%

D3:   Coleman over Spring Valley
                32     -       29              52%

Actual results:

Kaukauna wins   39-22
Ellsworth wins 41-12
Coleman wins 39-22

bulldog90

Great event! Huge buzz over team state. Lol

Fabulous Falcons

Quote from: bulldog90 on March 08, 2014, 07:59:10 PM
Great event! Huge buzz over team state. Lol

Now bulldog90, how can you not get excited about watching a team like Ellsworth wrestle a dual? Those guys are like surgeons always looking to score more team points. Even Ed watched calmly as those Panthers scored bonus points at will.

Howard Ruff: "It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

CLC FAN

So summarry of prediction success:

Firstinline:  9 correct

Hasbeen:  9 correct

NOPIN 2.0:  10 correct

Houndhead:  10 correct

Darknight:  kinda had 11 correct, although that is me assuming he would have picked Kaukauna over Bay Port in the finals... DK never actually made a pick there.  Really he piggybacked off houndhead and correct one of hound's few mistakes.

bulldog90

Watching Jens or Brock wrestle is exciting. The whole team concept just doesn't and most posters don't seem to care either. More talk about computer projections than wrestling. Noone else wants to say it. State was done last week go hit some fs.

pantherphotoman

Quote from: bulldog90 on March 09, 2014, 09:20:55 AM
Watching Jens or Brock wrestle is exciting. The whole team concept just doesn't and most posters don't seem to care either. More talk about computer projections than wrestling. Noone else wants to say it. State was done last week go hit some fs.

I disagree.

Houndhead

Looking ahead to next season. I think Kaukauna is losing very little and will be the favorite to repeat in D1. I thought next year would be the year Stratford overtakes Coleman, but Coleman is only losing 3 seniors from their state championship team and will be tough for anyone to take the crown from them in D3. In D2, it appears Ellsworth will be graduating nine seniors from their line-up. Will Amery be able to knock them out of the sectional? Who will be the top dog in the always tough eastern sectional? 

CLC FAN

Quote from: bulldog90 on March 09, 2014, 09:20:55 AM

I don't often hit up gardening threads just to comment on how boring gardening is.  It seems that you are intentionally trying to insult the people who care about team state.

couldhavebeen

Quote from: Houndhead on March 09, 2014, 09:48:25 AM
Looking ahead to next season. I think Kaukauna is losing very little and will be the favorite to repeat in D1. I thought next year would be the year Stratford overtakes Coleman, but Coleman is only losing 3 seniors from their state championship team and will be tough for anyone to take the crown from them in D3. In D2, it appears Ellsworth will be graduating nine seniors from their line-up. Will Amery be able to knock them out of the sectional? Who will be the top dog in the always tough eastern sectional? 

Ellsworth may be loosing 9 very valuable seniors but they will also be returning 5 state qualifiers and quite a group of under classmen who in my opinion would be wrestling varsity at many other schools. This group of graduating seniors will be very very difficult to repeat but as tradition in Ellsworth they will just reload. ;D

DarkKnight

Quote from: CLC FAN on March 08, 2014, 08:52:18 PM
So summarry of prediction success:

Firstinline:  9 correct

Hasbeen:  9 correct

NOPIN 2.0:  10 correct

Houndhead:  10 correct

Darknight:  kinda had 11 correct, although that is me assuming he would have picked Kaukauna over Bay Port in the finals... DK never actually made a pick there.  Really he piggybacked off houndhead and correct one of hound's few mistakes.

I did have KK winning. but it doesn't matter...I don't mind. great tournament and some scary duals...Random Lake had Coleman on the ropes.

Houndhead

Quote from: couldhavebeen on March 09, 2014, 10:08:17 AM

Ellsworth may be loosing 9 very valuable seniors but they will also be returning 5 state qualifiers and quite a group of under classmen who in my opinion would be wrestling varsity at many other schools. This group of graduating seniors will be very very difficult to repeat but as tradition in Ellsworth they will just reload. ;D

I couldn't agree more, Ellsworth will definitely be reloading.

littleguy301

Quote from: couldhavebeen on March 09, 2014, 10:08:17 AM

I cannt help but also pipe in that Ellsworth has an outstanding Fresh class that may not have gotten to many ears or eyes on them yet.

You are right in saying that many of these fresh kids would be on varsity at many other schools but are sitting behind state place winners. They may be down a tad next year but with that young group and a couple of incrediblly awesome 8th graders (1 in particular) I think they will be making some noise in the next few years.

Let alone during the year Ellsworth lost 1 state quailfier and 2 starters and replaced them. They also lost late in the year 2 others kids that were letterwinners to injuries and both those 2 backs ups made state. Now isnt that something when 2 fresh go out of the line up and their back ups quailfy for state.

Good luck to ALL teams next year, looks to be some very very good teams coming back in all regions!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

DarkKnight

It's very possible SVE and Coleman will meet again in the finals next year...but a handful of teams have a say in the matter.

It's very possible we could have repeat team state champs in Division.... but I'm sure a handful of teams will have something to say.