2015/16 season

Started by mbcguy, November 17, 2015, 11:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbcguy

Well some of the teams are starting to post their skin-folds.  It will be interesting to see how much some of the wrestlers have grown over the year.  No slight to Durand, but St. Croix Central will be a nice addition to the conference.  They bring in a solid team and good numbers.

couldhavebeen

Bout time somebody pipes up around here!

FinalWord

Quote from: couldhavebeen on November 17, 2015, 09:22:13 PM
Bout time somebody pipes up around here!
Hear, hear! The silence is broken!!!! Need to hear from pphoto, jimmy, NWIS, and lg. I want hear from NWIS1 on how overrated Ells is again this year.
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

westside

I see Austen Conner is not on Amerys roster. Hopefully he was just sick for the skin fold and isn't hurt or something.

littleguy301

Quote from: westside on November 18, 2015, 10:21:43 AM
I see Austen Conner is not on Amerys roster. Hopefully he was just sick for the skin fold and isn't hurt or something.

hopefully someone from amery can address that one. Wrestling fans might like to know because that really throws a wrench into having anyone knock off Ellsworth.

I think the top 3 teams will be

Ellsworth
Amery
SCC
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

mbcguy

Even with Conner in the lineup it will be a tall task to knock off Ellsworth this year.  I think the time to get them was last year during their "down" year.  Ellsworth may not have as many super stars as they did 2 years ago, but their overall talent through all 14 weights is as strong as I've seen it.  If they can stay healthy look out.

littleguy301

I think the next 2 years Ellsworth will have one of the best teams around. After this year they dont lose much at all, Mueller, Melstrom and Drier come to mind but there is another Melstrom to plug in and I think this year Drier has some serious under classmans competition already. I see replacing Mueller after this year as about the only major problem they have. O ya in the lower weights they have a currently 8th grader that is one of the best around and in the state already so that will be nice for Ellsworth next year.

Now back to this year, adding a state champ to an already impressive line up is going to be something. I think most will feel that 106 could be a weak link but either Peterson or a fresh will be taking that spot and I know those fresh are pretty good.

I hear they have Fruend back and plug in at HWT with Kinneman? at 220, Sigler at 95 and an unknow but athletic kid at 82 they will be fine. Replacing the work horse Hines will be tough at 60 but I am sure onders will pick up the slack.

Watch out MBC, Ellsworth is going to be pretty good for the next 2 years

couldhavebeen

I think this years 8th grade class at Ellsworth will be as good or better than the class of 14

uncle Fester

...they all are breaking records at festers new and improved training facility...
we didnt come here for a picnic

Jimmy

Better than class of 14?.......lofty prediction and high goals!

Jimmy

Fester I assume you mean mortals records are being broken,can't believe your standards will ever be touched

littleguy301

Quote from: couldhavebeen on November 18, 2015, 08:10:01 PM
I think this years 8th grade class at Ellsworth will be as good or better than the class of 14

seriously you think that? You must be a family member to say that.

While you may think that is a dis at those impressive 8th graders it is not. Just not sure and only time will tell if they will be but first take alook at what is already in high school, that is impressive to say the least.

littleguy301

Quote from: uncle Fester on November 19, 2015, 09:18:02 AM
...they all are breaking records at festers new and improved training facility...

How is the battle to keep the silo going?

mbcguy

I see Ellsworth is joining Amery at this years Minnesota Christmas tournament.

3wrestle

Amery will again be hosting a Take down cancer fundraiser event December 3rd at the first dual of the year when Ellsworth comes to town. Last year our wrestling program and community along with the New Richmond team raised a large sum of money for the Randy Shaver Cancer foundation. We hope to exceed last years #s! Our wrestler Andrew Smith is a cancer survivor and spear heads this event! If your free Thursday evening we would love for to come help us raise money and watch wrestling😃