2013-14 team

Started by BuckyMatt, March 24, 2013, 09:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

Quote from: Musky Hunter on May 16, 2013, 04:32:58 PM

Yep, if healthy i think he will be. 

Is his ability to stay healthy a concern? If not, why even introduce that issue into the conversation?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Musky Hunter

Quote from: npope on May 16, 2013, 06:22:30 PM
Quote from: Musky Hunter on May 16, 2013, 04:32:58 PM

Yep, if healthy i think he will be. 

Is his ability to stay healthy a concern? If not, why even introduce that issue into the conversation?

He is a friend of mine.  I say that about any athlete.  Staying healthy is the key to a top athletes success in my opinion. 

billymurphy

I have watched several of his matches and he is darn fun to watch.  He does not make it look super easy like Graff does, but uses pure heart and determination to win his matches. 

Musky Hunter

Quote from: billymurphy on May 17, 2013, 11:41:10 AM
I have watched several of his matches and he is darn fun to watch.  He does not make it look super easy like Graff does, but uses pure heart and determination to win his matches. 

totally correct, and his gas tank never runs low. 

Gutwrench

Quote from: Musky Hunter on May 17, 2013, 01:40:35 PM]

totally correct, and his gas tank never runs low. 

Funny, my wife says the same thing about me.....

CLC FAN

Her saying you are always full of gas is not the same thing...

bkraus

Quote from: CLC FAN on May 20, 2013, 10:23:03 AM
Her saying you are always full of gas is not the same thing...

;D ;D ;D
Strive for Perfection

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Updated Projected Roster ...

125 - Taylor, Cavallaris
133 - Graff, Kelliher, Grahek
141 - Thielke, Glenn, Crone
149 - York, Lubeck, Ruschell, Moe
157 - Jordan, Yde, Cathery, Justin Weber
165 - Cousins, Cox, Koethe, Seth Liegel
174 - Scott Liegel, Hochstaetter, Veling, Stilling
184 - Iczkowski, Gennrich, Robertson, Peissig
197 - Hein, McCall, Brandon Weber, Hines
285 - Medbery, Tobin, Horwath
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

dad 2 5

I was not able to get out Monday. What was the talk about next year's team?

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

The practice before the dinner was interesting - they should do that every year - a great chance to see a Division I Practice.  Among the participants were Timmy McCall, Cole Tobin, Connor Medbery, Ricky Robertson, Scott Liegel, Frank Cousins, Isaac Jordan, Kalvin York, Rylan Lubeck, and Matt Cavallaris (There were quite a few others - someone else might be able to say who else was wrestling)
I was impressed - I do think there is as much solid depth on the team as I can remember.  I think it would be great to have more practices like that, not necessarily outside, but open to the public.

After the dinner, Barry's talked about Jesse Thielke's and Tyler Graff's accomplishments on the international level to show where the program is at and talked quite a bit about Trevor and Kyle as Assistant Coaches and how much they bring to the program.  He thanked Barry Alvarez for his support of the program and how great it is to have recruits meet Barry A. in his office on recruiting trips.    After that, Barry introduced Mitch Hull.

About 250 people were there, more than twice as many as the last two years.  In general, I think people were pretty pumped about the team's chances.  It was one heck of an event.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

woody53

Very enjoyable night. The practice before was fun to watch. Great to see friends in the sport in the middle of summer. With my work schedule, that does not happen to often so this was an evening I will look forward to again next year.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

dad 2 5

how is Jackson doing on his weight? is everyone healthy again?

BOURNE

Any truth to the rumor that Jarod Donar is leaving the Gophers and heading east?

dad 2 5

last I talked with Barry it sound like he was. Should add to the room. I think there was a bunch flying around on one of the trends on this a while ago.

badgerjohn

Quote from: BOURNE on July 31, 2013, 09:27:49 AM
Any truth to the rumor that Jarod Donar is leaving the Gophers and heading east?

yes, more than rumor  :)

Welcome home Jarod
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11