Off-Season Training

Started by TruckerCapAttack_1977, March 11, 2014, 06:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckerCapAttack_1977

The season is over but training is never over!  If anything it is time to take a step up! 

Today's workout...

1.  Regular season: stair workout
     Off Season: stairs are not tough enough for the offseason.  I went down to the mall and ran the escalators.   
                       Up the down one and down the up one. I kicked it up a notch by facing backwards.

2.  Regular season: hallway sprints
     Off Season:  put a pair of parachute pants from high school, the ones with all the zipper pockets.  Put beef jerky in all the pockets and tried to outrun my naybor Rodney's dogs.  I figure  I ran double far than usual because of the serpentine pattern I ran.  His Doberman, Captain, and his choowawa, Tineal, were no match for my quick cuts and catlike reflexes, until I biffed it on a patch of slush and Captain shredded my left pant leg...

3.  Regular season:  push-ups
     Off-Season: bungee push-ups. I took 6 bungee straps and put them between the bumper of my Kenworth and Rodney's Dodge Prius. Slipped under the bungee cords and fought the bungee resistance as I did 22 push-ups, one for each wheel of the vehicles involved...

4.  Mental training...
Regular season: think about being tough and practice being on high alert at all times.
Off-Season:  think about being tough and being on high alert at all times while counting backwards by threes....you don't think it is tough??? It requires more focus than the Hubble Telescope.

What do you do in the off season to get ready?
Do you wanna see my PETERBUILT?!

blacknblue

Etch TruckerCapAttack quotes into stone and put them up in the wrestling room so the wannabes know what hard work looks like.
You can drill and waste your time or you can drill and get better. Either way we're going to drill! - D.G.

GO BLUE!!

imnofish

I come on here and read your posts, which makes me laugh so hard that my pulse immediately hits my target rate.  My abs will be like a rock from laughing so hard, too. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

stp

From Milwaukee to St Paris.

woody53

Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

TruckerCapAttack_1977

Positive self talk for the off-season...

1.  You're about as tough as an I cream cake.

2.  You would rather take a hot air balloon ride with a pocket full of porcupines.

3.  I will be on you like a cat with climbing gear.

4.  You would have a better chance of nailing jello to an oak tree.

5.  The difference between involvement and commitment is like bacon and eggs.  The chicken is involved...the
     pig is committed.

6.  I will hit you so hard with a double that your yearbook picture will move two pages backwards.

7.  Have your coach dial 9-1 before the first whistle so the paramedics can attend to you faster.(this one is just   
     a joke)

8.  I will put a 4 Nelson on you.

9.  You would rather play pattycake with Freddy Krueger.

10.  I am slicker than snot on smashed bananas.

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

TruckerCapAttack_1977

More positive off-season self talk...

1.  You'll look like someone lit your face on fire and put it out with the spike side of a golf shoe.

2.  I will whip you like pancake batter.

3. If tough was leather, you couldn't saddle a wood tick.

4. I'll be on you like a windshield on a june bug.

5.  You would rather search a cave for dynamite with a blow torch.

6.  I'll put a pop knot on your head big enough to hitch a trailer to.

7.  I ride tighter than two coats of paint.

8.  I'll head lock you so hard you will have to call a locksmith.

9.  If tough was noise, you couldn't be heard over a mouse peeing on cotton.

10.  You would have a better chance of making balloon animals with porcupine hide gloves.