NR Beat Ells

Started by NWIS1, December 19, 2013, 08:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWIS1

Coach Neumann brought that strategy back from Oklahoma.

pantherphotoman

One thing I would agree with, Ellsworth isn't where they need to be yet.  Fifth or sixth at Bistate?  I doubt that.  To quote thequad quoting Bob Berceau, "We have work to do."  I think that applies to Ellsworth as well, and I also think the boys will do the work.   ;)

ShowStopper9

Sorry guys, contrary to what you THINK you saw, there were no JV matches at 220, 126 and 120. Yes, there were JV matches at 106 and 113 by guys who just came out (not ready for varsity) so JV filled that bill just fine. The rest of the holes were creatively filled. Did you notice that Blackman was out? 132 was filled. Did you notice that Ficociello was moved up to 182 and 170 was then filled by a 160 pounder? (Both were wins, by the way) Also, 152 had a new varsity guy in there and if I remember correctly, he won too. In this case, your perception wasn't reality. Neumann did what he could considering the unfortunate circumstances the team was under. We all wanted full line-ups.

Street Glide

Quote from: ShowStopper9 on December 22, 2013, 04:03:25 PM
Sorry guys, contrary to what you THINK you saw, there were no JV matches at 220, 126 and 120. Yes, there were JV matches at 106 and 113 by guys who just came out (not ready for varsity) so JV filled that bill just fine. The rest of the holes were creatively filled. Did you notice that Blackman was out? 132 was filled. Did you notice that Ficociello was moved up to 182 and 170 was then filled by a 160 pounder? (Both were wins, by the way) Also, 152 had a new varsity guy in there and if I remember correctly, he won too. In this case, your perception wasn't reality. Neumann did what he could considering the unfortunate circumstances the team was under. We all wanted full line-ups.

Well then track wrestling must be wrong because they have NR with JV matches at 106,113,120, and 126 contrary to what your saying. 
Match Summary    NERI    ELLS
106   Tanner Rebhan (New Richmond) won by decision over Breck Melstrom (Ellsworth) 3-0.   3.00   0
113   Matthew Peterson (Ellsworth) won by pin over Zach Mundth (New Richmond) 0:47.   0   6.00
120   Derek Koller (Ellsworth) won by pin over Croix Hare (New Richmond) 2:24.   0   6.00
126   Riley Melstrom (Ellsworth) won by decision over Cole Birkeland (New Richmond) 10-3.   0   3.00
132   Devin Drier (Ellsworth) won by decision over Kasper Messer (New Richmond) 13-9.   0   3.00
138   Luke Landaal (New Richmond) won by pin over Devin Drier (Ellsworth) 0:32.   6.00   0
145   Jacob Fuchs (Ellsworth) won by decision over Austin Anderson (New Richmond) 7-2.   0   3.00
152   Lucas Wieghart (Ellsworth) won by tech fall over Bret Jensen (New Richmond) 3:08 16-1.   0   5.00
160   Jacob Kinneman (Ellsworth) won by pin over Kenny Shaw (New Richmond) 1:34.   0   6.00
170   Luke Luger (New Richmond) won by decision over Breck Melstrom (Ellsworth) 8-5.   3.00   0
182   Riley Melstrom (Ellsworth) won by pin over Josh Bonney (New Richmond) 1:05.   0   6.00
195   Double Forfeit   0   0.00
220   Double Forfeit   0   0.00

So the reason I THOUGHT NR was ducking matches is what was listed on track.  Doesn't matter NR is the better team, they proved it winning 5/4 matches.  They will finish above Ellsworth at Bi State.

Street Glide

Like I said NR is the better team.  Ellsworth is in a down year and has to wrestle kids all over the map, it's only logical.  With them taking 5/4 matches last week, it's only logical they will finish higher than Ellsworth at Bi State.

The Last Ride

Hmmmmm...... I believe NR did edge out the Ellsworth JV in the first tournament of the year...

Lakeville North Panther Invite
1. Scott West 239.0
2. Lakeville North 159.0
3. Hudson 150.5
4. Woodbury 126.5
5. Park 119.0
6. Chaska/Chanhassen 115.0
7. South Saint Paul 115.0
8. Lakeville South 82.0
9. Henry Sibley 78.5
10. New Richmond 64.0
11. Northfield 57.0
12. Ellsworth 55.0    (JV)
13. Cloquet-Esko 51.0
14. Turtle Lake 13.0
15. Proctor 0.0
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Street Glide

Exactly, see what that JV team did to get the momentum going for NR.  It catapulted the Varsity to that 5/4 victory over Ellsworth last week.

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: Street Glide on December 23, 2013, 07:02:54 PM
Exactly, see what that JV team did to get the momentum going for NR.  It catapulted the Varsity to that 5/4 victory over Ellsworth last week.

That was a varsity tourny with Ells JV.

The Last Ride

Quote from: shouldvewrestled on December 23, 2013, 08:42:03 PM
Exactly, see what that JV team did to get the momentum going for NR.  It catapulted the Varsity to that 5/4 victory over Ellsworth last week.

That was a varsity tourny with Ells JV.

Yes it was... the NR varsity edged out the Ells JV in their first tournament of the year.  :o

– Yoda

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on December 20, 2013, 07:27:53 PM
Gosh I am starting to think this is the 90's again.

We have Ellsworth, Amery and SV/E all around the top in there respective rankings and by looks of it, any combo of 2 of these could come home with the title in their divisions.

I should also not pass up talking about Hudson.

Yes, instead of hammering Ellsworth, support them in the state sersis or at least dont slam them.

I agree.  Gotta respect your opponents, especially when they have been so successful for such a long time.  Don't envy; emulate!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

The Last Ride

Shouldvewrestled...... I will tell you this. Street Glide is pulling your leg... ;). He knows exactly what is going on. Trust me... :o

– Yoda

littleguy301

Some is right with NR winning 5 to 4 against Ellsworth in a dual.

Side Note: that has happen how many times since Ellsworth started the streak of dominance! Ellsworth has NOT lost a dual in conference since 1998 I believe.

Since then there have been HOW many times to beat Ellsworth in matches wrestled since then?

Hint, one team has done it twice in the past 15 years ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

a2fanofwr

it dont look like NR can make a team with 14 wrestlers. Can they make a run with only 12 to 13 weights filled?

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: The Last Ride on December 23, 2013, 09:28:48 PM
Exactly, see what that JV team did to get the momentum going for NR.  It catapulted the Varsity to that 5/4 victory over Ellsworth last week.

Shouldvewrestled...... I will tell you this. Street Glide is pulling your leg... ;). He knows exactly what is going on. Trust me... :o

I know Street knew this but some others may not  ;)

ShowStopper9

Glide, Yep Track is wrong. According to what you posted Tanner Rebhan was listed at 106 but is more like145 and Mundth is 106 but posted at 113. It appears that track was set up to record 106 through 285 but those 145s went first. Birkland is listed at 126 but is actually 138ish. So again, NR did not have guys on JV at 120, 126, or 220 as stated earlier, regardless of what you see on Track. Just setting the record straight.