NR Beat Ells

Started by NWIS1, December 19, 2013, 08:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWIS1

NR won more matches than Ells in their dual. Does anybody really think they have much of a chance to win a state title, let alone qualify.

Street Glide

I guess that's one to look at it if one wishes to ignore the obvious.  When Ellsworth is at full strength as they seem to always be at the end of the year, yes they will be a front runner to win team state.  Could they do it now with the injuries and kids not at end of season weights, no.  It's a shame that NR had so many forfeits.  If one wants to gage tonight's match as a gage for team state is short sighted. 

ShowStopper9

5 starters down to injury or illness and not enough depth at those spots.

NWIS1

Quote from: ShowStopper9 on December 19, 2013, 10:50:30 PM

I would appear to have been a lucky break for Ellsworth then.

littleguy301

wow, NWIS1, not on the Ellsworth band wagon to much are you.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: littleguy301 on December 20, 2013, 07:47:06 AM
wow, NWIS1, not on the Ellsworth band wagon to much are you.

I think he or she likes trolling.

Street Glide

I forgot about the new WIAA rule that says when the team that is behind in matches won goes ahead in matches won dual over.  Now I see NR killing Amery something like 12/2 when all their injuries and unhealthy kids get back. 

NWIS1

I just grow tired of the unwarranted hype. They no longer get better at the end of the year as stated. 3 wrestlers that beat their LC opponents during the year lost to them at Team State. That is the opposite of improvement. After a 5th or 6th place at Bi-State then more people may agree with my analysis.
The dual vs Amery I see Smith, Conner, Marko, Benitez, Paulson, Newton and Gates winning with bonus points. 4 WBF.  

shouldvewrestled

Quote from: NWIS1 on December 20, 2013, 09:14:05 AM
I just grow tired of the unwarranted hype. They no longer get better at the end of the year as stated. 3 wrestlers that beat their LC opponents during the year lost to them at Team State. That is the opposite of improvement. After a 5th or 6th place at Bi-State then more people may agree with my analysis.
The dual vs Amery I see Smith, Conner, Marko, Benitez, Paulson, Newton and Gates winning with bonus points. 4 WBF.  

Sounds more like sour grapes when its said every year.

And its like you are giving L/C no credit in this as well. I mean they are a perrenial power and get the same "unwarranted hype.". Nobody wins every year. If they did why wrestle the matches?

shouldvewrestled

And who knows this may be the year Amery pulls it off. They are a talented team but its been said for what the past 4 years the same thing and yet the "unwarranted hype" machine of Ellsworth has pulled it out.

Let's just wait to see how it plays out. Its just getting old, like someone is just trying to be the first to say it when it happens. Well if you say it every year its bound too. We knew your feelings right at the beginning of the season. Was this topic necessary is all?

Street Glide

I'm not sure about the unwarranted hype for this year.  Many analysis as you say, have seen this team developing.  IMO rightfully so.  They have 2 returning state champs, 2 returning state place winners, who wouldn't be hyping a team with those returning.  If sour grapes is what it is, so be it, but I'm guessing any team in the state that had returning state place winners like this  would be motivated too.  NR included.  

badgerjohn

These are high school kids / high school programs in this discussion.  Some respect is warranted.
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

westside

NWIS1 you are funny. I see Lantz, Lantz, Mueller, Kemmerer, Frandson, Zimmer, Kemmerer. 5 of them by fall. Oh boy this could be a good dual. I am sure both teams wont shift anyone around either. Instead of bashing how terrible you think Ellsworth is, maybe you should be looking forward to two of top teams in the state matching up at the end of Jan and in the middle of Feb. Nobody is comparing Ellsworth to a Apple Valley. The hype is warranted for both teams. Along with Spring Valley.

littleguy301

Gosh I am starting to think this is the 90's again.

We have Ellsworth, Amery and SV/E all around the top in there respective rankings and by looks of it, any combo of 2 of these could come home with the title in their divisions.

I should also not pass up talking about Hudson.

Yes, instead of hammering Ellsworth, support them in the state sersis or at least dont slam them.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Street Glide

Quote from: ShowStopper9 on December 19, 2013, 10:50:30 PM

Not enough depth at those spots?  I noticed they had all those spots filled in the JV match that night.  What would it have hurt to wrestle them in a Varsity match?  Especially in the lower weights.