Hunting with Fester this year

Started by Street Glide, November 13, 2013, 07:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Street Glide

Ok Middle border fester fans.  I'm doing something with fester this year that I've never done before, I'm going deer hunting with him.  Yes I repeat I'm going deer hunting with him.  After you pull yourself from the floor with this shocking news and questioning my sanity I need fester fans opinions on what to beware of.  This is uncharted ground for me with him, so I would like all the advise I can get.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

CLC FAN

Sorry, but the first rule of hunting with Fester is you do not talk about hunting with Fester.  And the second rule of hunting with Fester is... You do NOT talk about hunting with Fester!

littleguy301

Shouldnt be a problem, I thought FESTER only hunted with a mini-swiss army knife. He likes to keep things square with the deer, plus he likes that little sissors on those swiss case he wants to make some paper cut outs ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

uncle Fester

street glide..dont forget to pack night vision glasses and bullet proof vest for safety...remember to bring rubber bullets for pistols so we can play army if hunting action is slow...see if you can get a hold of your old army buddy for explosives in case we need a diversion if the game wardens are thick...
we didnt come here for a picnic

badgerjohn

Quote from: Street Glide on November 13, 2013, 07:07:09 PM
Ok Middle border fester fans.  I'm doing something with fester this year that I've never done before, I'm going deer hunting with him.  Yes I repeat I'm going deer hunting with him.  After you pull yourself from the floor with this shocking news and questioning my sanity I need fester fans opinions on what to beware of.  This is uncharted ground for me with him, so I would like all the advise I can get.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Any relation to Dick Cheney?
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

Street Glide

Quote from: badgerjohn on November 15, 2013, 08:52:52 AM
Quote from: Street Glide on November 13, 2013, 07:07:09 PM

Thank you

Any relation to Dick Cheney?

Lol,lol......Dick Cheney syndrome.....I'm in big trouble!!!!

Big House

Quote from: uncle Fester on November 15, 2013, 08:34:10 AM
street glide..dont forget to pack night vision glasses and bullet proof vest for safety...remember to bring rubber bullets for pistols so we can play army if hunting action is slow...see if you can get a hold of your old army buddy for explosives in case we need a diversion if the game wardens are thick...

Fester,

Bill hooked me up with some rubber bullets.  I may or may not be somewhere around you again this season ... you might not see me ... just listen for the squeak of a fresh E-town curd.  Just wanna know if you wear your fur coat during the hunt.  I don't wanna get you confused with Big Foot.
People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

Street Glide

Little update on festers hunting situation.   He told me he got one Opening day in the afternoon.  A real nice buck.  My questions for him were what is his definition of "afternoon", and what did he mean by "got one".  I'll be there tomorrow to see how the fester hunting clinic is run.  I still don't know why I need to bring kerosene.  Anyway I'll update later.

littleguy301

I would like to know about this "got one" thing also.

Does it mean that some poor buck just got tossed for a 5 point move?

Does it mean that some poor buck disturb FESTER in some strange and odd way and met an untimely punishment?

Does it mean that FESTER "got one" to let the rest of the herds population that they are all NEXT!

Street Glide

Back from the Fester hunting clinic.  What I learned :

1. Have to be able to hang on to your stand with one hand and a foot, then be able to shoot a rifle with a scope at a running deer that is hidden behind a tree.   I flunked.

2.  Have to be able to hunt out of a stand that is 12+12 and still NOT be able able to sit for more than 1 hour. I     Flunked.

3.  Have to be able to talk nonstop, answer your cell phone, have a snack, listen to the radio, drink something hot, and watch for a deer all at the same time.  I flunked.

4.  Have to be able to climb up to the stand with the capabilities of a monkey, while holding your rifle in one hand. I flunked.

Festers method must work.  He did shoot a very nice buck after doing all of the above.  I used more conventional ways....and I got nothing.  I can't argue with success.  Only In Fester land.  

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

littleguy301

For some odd reason I can see FESTER doing all of that.

If anything Glide, you had to laugh at some point ;D

Street Glide

Quote from: littleguy301 on November 28, 2013, 09:52:15 AM
For some odd reason I can see FESTER doing all of that.

If anything Glide, you had to laugh at some point ;D

Laugh, that's why I had to leave if I wanted a chance to get a deer.  Try shooting a gun while laughing nonstop.  It's impossible.  He follows a blood trail faster than Usain Boldt.  Stealth is not a strong suit of Fester!

Big House

Quote from: Street Glide on November 28, 2013, 10:18:17 AM
Stealth is not a strong suit of Fester!

I think he confuses the deer by not following the normal hunting etiquette. 

The deer thinks, "That can't possibly be a hunter, it's way to loud."
People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson